Page 1 of 4
So is there anyone who can direct me to a verse in the Bible that gives the view on those who cheat on their wives? It would be really helpful, doing a school-report due to tomorrow and since I'm not very good with the bible myself I thought someone could direct me.
Thou Shall Not Commit Adultery

EDIT: Just write, it's in the ten commandments, so they are sinning. They shouldn't do it. What should happen to sinners? Hell. Simple. So just write they shouldn't do it. Should be enough.
dont use the bible in school work you idiot.

you need to use REAL information.

Opinions, Morals, Ideals, & Values are all extremely personal and ever varying.

and religion is the biggest opinion of them all.

THE BIBLE HAS NO MORAL STANDING ANYWHERE.. EVER.

its your personal belief because thats what your parents drilled into your head as a kid.

you become a self-righteous bastard when you tell them theyre sinning... no matter what they did
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Early Cuyler

its your personal belief because thats what your parents drilled into your head as a kid.

you become a self-righteous bastard when you tell them theyre sinning... no matter what they did

There are many schools that force you to take christianity classes, but they just call them religion classes. Technically they force you to believe in jesus
Quote by Early Cuyler

So, kids don't do religious education in school? Nor is the Bible one of the most influential books of all time in terms of opinion?

Like it or not, people still take it seriously. Because you don't take it seriously doesn't mean others do either.
Quote by Virtuoso883
There are many schools that force you to take christianity classes, but they just call them religion classes. Technically they force you to believe in jesus

I never had that. I had religious education which was compulsory to help us understand other religions to reduce intolerance. If a teacher was found preaching, the school would of come down on them. They pretty much couldn't express their opinions. It was taught in a way as if 'Christians believe this...', because 'the Bible says this', opposed to just 'the bible says this.'
Quote by Craigo
I never had that. I had religious education which was compulsory to help us understand other religions to reduce intolerance. If a teacher was found preaching, the school would of come down on them.

Same. It was quite interesting actually. Learning about other religious views and traditions, instead of having God rammed down my throat.
lol, don't use the bible use a real source.

Either "if two men are fighting, and ones wife tries to grab the others testicles, she is to have her hand cut off" or the part about if a man rapes a women in the city, they both get killed, proves it is a very silly tome.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by Virtuoso883

if youre in america thats 100% illegal.

i dont know how old you are... but when i was in school (in high school for 9/11) we didnt let the teachers/authorities tell us what we were going to do/learn... this was our education and we were in charge..

now-a-days i see these emo fvcks letting the skools run all over them.. the local USD here now has to take mandatory drug tests.. and if they fail they cant park in the skools parking lot, as well as not being able to go to skool functions.

have some balls and say "NO".

there were two sit ins and a riot when i was in school....

i like to think i helped move those things from school ground hopes/rumors to actuality.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Virtuoso883

there's always the possibility that maybe he has to study what different religions say about "sins" and then give his own opinion/modern society's viewpoint.

because that's what we did in RE. actually learnt about religions, not got force-fed beliefs.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by sg255

Either "if two men are fighting, and ones wife tries to grab the others testicles, she is to have her hand cut off" or the part about if a man rapes a women in the city, they both get killed, proves it is a very silly tome.

The Bible is still used as a good source, modern Christians just deny any brutality in the Bible
Quote by Craigo
So, kids don't do religious education in school? Nor is the Bible one of the most influential books of all time in terms of opinion?

Like it or not, people still take it seriously. Because you don't take it seriously doesn't mean others do either.

dont throw religion on me...

just because people believe it does not make it real..

look at Milli Vanilli
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by sg255

There's a law in York I think saying that it's legal to shoot an Irishman with a crossbow under certain conditions.

That's silly. Does that make the lawbook a silly tome?
You guys are morons. He's not looking for a viable "source" for views on adultery, he's looking for what the Bible has to say about it.
Looking for my India/Django.
So isn't there anyone who has a good verse to refer to. Im actually going to compare it to a modern myth where the person having sex with the other mans wife gets his car filled with cement.

Quote by redwing_suck
You guys are morons. He's not looking for a viable "source" for views on adultery, he's looking for what the Bible has to say about it.

Thank you very much!
Quote by Early Cuyler

So if The Bible says you shouldn't cheat on your spouse, it's automatically wrong, just because it came from religion?

God, you're stupid. The Bible does have a moral standing, it may not have huge amounts of factual standing, but of course it has a moral standing. The Ten Commandments are the basis of the laws in the Western World.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Craigo
The Bible is still used as a good source, modern Christians just deny any brutality in the Bible

no it is not.

are you in High school? every college english prof ive had wont allow the bible.

and no... no it is not.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Early Cuyler

Get over yourself and stop generalising all religious people as people who have been brainwashed to believe something and are 'self-righteous bastards'.

And TS, I remember there was something in the bible about a women who cheated on her husband and was going to be killed for it, but Jesus forgave her. I'll see in my RS book if I can find the exact passage
Quote by freddaahh
So if The Bible says you shouldn't cheat on your spouse, it's automatically wrong, just because it came from religion?

God, you're stupid. The Bible does have a moral standing, it may not have huge amounts of factual standing, but of course it has a moral standing. The Ten Commandments are the basis of the laws in the Western World.

LOL... dont try throwin words in my mouth fool. it makes me laugh and then i cant type

i said religion is sh|t.. not the lessons with in them.

and nope.. its an opinion
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Virtuoso883

Well, you must have been brought up in a fundamentalist school, which is rigidly Christian. I went to a CofE primary school and I wasn't even taught to believe in Christianity; we just prayed at lunch and sang hymns. RE lessons do not teach you to believe, or they definitely shouldn't, they teach you about the religions and the culture surrounding it. If your teacher isn't ragingly PC, it's a very interesting subject.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by oh... THAT guy
Get over yourself and stop generalising all religious people as people who have been brainwashed to believe something and are 'self-righteous bastards'.

once again... dont be putting words in my mouth.

not once did i over-generalize and say ALL.

and YES.. when you as a christian tell me im sinning for eating meat on fridays during lent (when ever that is)... or when you tell me not to have adultery, or that im sinning because i use the "lords" name in vain. you have become a self-righteous bastard.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Early Cuyler
dont throw religion on me...

look at Milli Vanilli

I'm not religious.

People have religious opinions. Deal with it, or you'll make an insufferable intolerant fool out of yourself.
Quote by Early Cuyler
no it is not.

are you in High school? every college english prof ive had wont allow the bible.

and no... no it is not.

I go to college.

It is still a good source if you are religious.
Quote by Early Cuyler

and YES.. when you as a christian tell me im sinning for eating meat on fridays during lent (when ever that is)... or when you tell me not to have adultery, or that im sinning because i use the "lords" name in vain. you have become a self-righteous bastard.

Actually, you're bringing yourself down to their level.
Quote by saphrax
I disagree there.

how many people believe in the tooth fairy? Santa? easter bunny? Loch Ness monster? Big foot?

Jesus?

Buddha?

Allah?

Krishna?

Venus?... (the womanly mother goddess)

Gaia?

Lulz at how gullible babies are... and how those thoughts stick in your head til your parnents tell you otherwise..

WAKE UP YOU FOOLS... CHRISTIANITY IS THE NEWEST RELIGION OUT THERE AND IS CLEARLY RIPPED FROM OTHER RELIGIONS EVEN ITS OWN "EARLIER CHAPTER" JUDAISM

seriously if youre in on any religion it should be Hindu, paganism, or egytianism(?)

for they are the oldest
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
WTF!!!! I didn't want this to turn to a Bible is a good book for moral or not thread. It is a perfect source for the moral of the people of that time. What they thought was wrong or right. But please, does anyone have a good direction. If you just want to argue religion in the endless, please religion thread. There is a reason why I don't go there. People are never going to change their views.

And for those who didn't see, I'm going to compare it with a modern myth about a man who empties cement in his wife's lovers car.
Quote by Early Cuyler
how many people believe in the tooth fairy? Santa? easter bunny? Loch Ness monster? Big foot?

Jesus?

Buddha?

Allah?

Krishna?

Gaia?

Lulz at how gullible babies are... and how those thoughts stick in your head til your parnents tell you otherwise..

WAKE UP YOU FOOLS... CHRISTIANITY IS THE NEWEST RELIGION OUT THERE AND IS CLEARLY RIPPED FROM OTHER RELIGIONS EVEN ITS OWN "EARLIER CHAPTER" JUDAISM

seriously if youre in on any religion it should be Hindu, paganism, or egytianism(?)

for they are the oldest

It's a massive mistake to assume that theists are somehow more gullible/less intelligent/whatever.

EDIT: And there are tons of religions newer than Christianity. And oldness =/= rightness. Is old science better than new science?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by Early Cuyler

I'm a christian - I've never told anyone they're going to hell, I don't care if people use the lord's name in vain, I don't try to force my beliefs on other people like you are doing now. It's fine by me if you don't have any religious beliefs, but don't go instantly dismissing anything that anyone else want to believe, otherwise you're no better than the people who do do what you listed, (But there are very few that do).
Quote by Craigo
I'm not religious.

never said you were... but you sure are arguing for christianity pretty hard... so im gonna go ahead and call you a liar.

Quote by Craigo
I go to college.

It is still a good source if you are religious.

college is for intelligence.. not religion... and whether or not youre religious it is UNINTELLIGENT to use a faith book for a source. ultimately refutable.

Quote by Craigo
Actually, you're bringing yourself down to their level.

thats only what religious people say... im just telling you to wise up... where the others are telling me that ill rot in hell, or be reincarnated as a sh|t eating fly, for small "sins"

keep it coming dude... im soaring to super-saiyan LULZ
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
aight.. i didnt know about the other newer religions..

but you must agree... out of the Top 3 in the world. it is the newest.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Early Cuyler

Jesus?

Buddha?

Allah?

Krishna?

Gaia?

for they are the oldest

UGH, Islam - founded 622 AD.

When a religion is founded does not give any reason whether or not to believe. The religion evolved from Judaism, of course they share similar beliefs and talk about the same events. What is wrong with that? Do you expect every religion to hold entirely different beliefs and deny each other completely? Many reference each other, the Jews believe that Jesus existed, so do Muslims - he was a prophet in Islam - and the deeper you delve into all religions, the similar they seem.

I think you just hate Christianity. Anyway, it's been stated that Jesus did exist, all major religions mention his existence, and they all hate each other; religions CAN be useful sources, the Romans - who murdered Jesus - say he existed.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by Early Cuyler

look at Milli Vanilli
Say it aint so!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Try the book of Kings.

King david ( yes that david, there's only one in the whole bible)

Kills Bathsheeba's husband and takes her for himself.

What a nice guy.
hue
Quote by kaihansen
WTF!!!! I didn't want this to turn to a Bible is a good book for moral or not thread. It is a perfect source for the moral of the people of that time. What they thought was wrong or right. But please, does anyone have a good direction. If you just want to argue religion in the endless, please religion thread. There is a reason why I don't go there. People are never going to change their views.

And for those who didn't see, I'm going to compare it with a modern myth about a man who empties cement in his wife's lovers car.

Agreed. This thread was about opinion and morals, of course the Bible is a good source when it comes to looking at opinions; while the events are debatable, the morals are what matters.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by Hobolad
And oldness =/= rightness. Is old science better than new science?

nay...

but in religious terms they "all" claim to have a beginning of time (adam n eve story)

so therefore in a perfect world one religion would be true and there would be some sort of higher being in the sky..

and if that had ever happened that religion would be the first..

and with old/new science we have new technologies/tools to see further.. where as the only thing religioon has done is slowly loosen up and become a not so important part of society..

Lulz.. i wish i could time travel to the day theres no more religion.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by freddaahh
Agreed. This thread was about opinion and morals, of course the Bible is a good source when it comes to looking at opinions; while the events are debatable, the morals are what matters.

Yup.

And on the entire "colleges won't use the bible as a respectable source" thing... it's all relative. Sure, it won't be any good in a science assignment, but great in a theology assignment.
Quote by freddaahh

I think you just hate Christianity. Anyway, it's been stated that Jesus did exist, all major religions mention his existence, and they all hate each other; religions CAN be useful sources, the Romans - who murdered Jesus - say he existed.

everyone knows about the evil 3.. all derived from Jews.

and i hate all religions.. i just have to knock down Jesus more because hes the biggest liar right now.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Early Cuyler
everyone knows about the evil 3.. all derived from Jews.

and i hate all religions.. i just have to knock down Jesus more because hes the biggest liar right now.

Or just don't do it all because it's as counter productive as you believe religion is?
Page 1 of 4