hey this is my cover of falls on me by fuel..check it out an let me know what ya think..ill crit yours too..thanks guys

the song is in my profile
I can actually crit you on this song since it's a genre I can enjoy. To be quite honest, your voice doesn't fit it at all. I don't think you sang it that bad, you were on pitch a fair amount of the time. The song just doesn't suit you at all.

Once again, watch that slip of your voice up to your nose. Every time you sing in your head voice you go straight to your nose, which is a VERY bad habit to form. Your lower register definitely needs work though. You can tell you don't sing there often as your vocals weren't projected at all. It was more like talking in melody than singing.

I'm not trying to be mean, so please don't take it that way. I'm trying to help you by pointing out what I feel needs the most work.
na its cool man..i appreciate u taking the time to give me something i can actually work on thanks..can you tell me what you meant by my head voice? or was that a mistype or somethin...and ill try to work on the singing from the chest and not the nose..the only thing i disagree with is how this genre doesnt fit me..granted i probably dont sound like the lead singer of fuel nor do i want to as i want to be individual, this is my favorite style of music and i really want to try to go in that direction..thanks a lot for the crit man..is there anything of yours u would like me to check out?

edit: also what can i do to improve my voice in the lower register?
Head voice means your voice is resonating in your head instead of your chest.

I'm being completely honest when I say that this genre isn't where you will end up. THAT style of music needs a completely different style of singer. Like I said in your other thread, you would be more suited for pop-punk/indie. You just don't have the voice to cut through the mix of a heavier song. There is nothing wrong with that, it's just not in your wheelhouse.

If you want to try and go in that direction you will need a professional vocal coach to help you out, because you are already headed 180° from that. I would suggest at the very least finding a local choir to join, as they will give you free lessons. Whether it be a school choir, or a church choir, it doesn't matter.

The only thing you can do to get better with your chest voice is to practice, but you have to practice correctly. At the moment, you obviously just don't know how to sing from your chest, and there is nothing wrong with that. We all start somewhere. I still have a hard time going head to chest cleanly and vice versa.

And I don't currently have anything new up, so no crits needed in return.
thanks a lot man i really appreciate your long responses..yea i might try an get a vocal coach if i can afford it..because i really do want to make a career in music..i might find out the hard way that its just not for me..but i am goin to try regardless..i really dont like pop punk though..like whatsoever lol..but i like indie..some of it anyways..lifehouse, matt nathanson, goo goo dolls, edwin mccain, an country too..and either direction i go i am not looking to be a clone of some other lead singer or guitarist out there right now, i want to be my own person and make my own unique music..most likely as a solo artist..thanks for the advice man
You need to throw some reverb on the vocals.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yea i mite give that a shot..i dont really know much about how to use the effects on audacity though..do you know a place where i could find like a beginners guide to them? like compression, reverb, delay..etc..i just dont really know what some of the parameters mean..like threshold and attack time and whatnot..and also anyone else have an opinion about my cover? thanks guys remember c4c if anyone wants me to check out their song just let me know