i usually illegally download my music, i occasionally buy it
65 44%
i usually buy my music, i occasionally illegally download it
31 21%
i always buy my music, i never illegally download it
28 19%
Voters: 147.
Page 1 of 2
usually buy, unless it's something i'd have to import and pay tons on shipping. then i download, but BUY it on the internet. no illegal downloading for me!
my process works like this most of the time: download an album by an artist that catches my eye - if i like i download more - decide which albums i like most then buy when i see them in shops
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
About 50/50, but I have no money, so I continue to use Limewire solidly. I don't want to start this debate again, because downloading does not kill bands, it has actually made me buy MORE CDs over the time. If bands are annoyed that people are listening to their music without lining their wallets, they deserve to become homeless.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by chimpinatux
my process works like this most of the time: download an album by an artist that catches my eye - if i like i download more - decide which albums i like most then buy when i see them in shops

I do the very same, unless I cannot find the album in the shops, then I'll get the whole thing of Limewire.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
About 50/50, but I have no money, so I continue to use Limewire solidly. I don't want to start this debate again, because downloading does not kill bands, it has actually made me buy MORE CDs over the time. If bands are annoyed that people are listening to their music without lining their wallets, they deserve to become homeless.

dont be stupid dude, if youve paid hundred/thousands of pounds paying for studio time to record and countless hours writing and practicing your songs and someone guy gets your music without paying then of course youre gonna be pissed. artists cant live of nothing man.
Quote by ch715dallat
dont be stupid dude, if youve paid hundred/thousands of pounds paying for studio time to record and countless hours writing and practicing your songs and someone guy gets your music without paying then of course youre gonna be pissed. artists cant live of nothing man.

They make waaaay much more money off of live shows.
I buy the music from bands I really love. I download the songs that you like for a week and get over.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
I buy everthing unless I can't find it, or amazon wants a rediculously large import fee.

I buy 99% of my music though.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by ch715dallat

Point taken; but if artists - like Lars Ulrich - get to the point where they're suing people for listening to their music and enjoying what they've created they really don't deserve their riches. He was a multi millionaire before Napster started up anyway, so why does he mind?

Illegal downloading is nothing new, is essentially tape trading in a newer format; tape trading actually makes young bands, it makes them popular and encourages more people to buy their albums. Still, only a fraction of people who get their music, get it illegally.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
If bands are annoyed that people are listening to their music without lining their wallets, they deserve to become homeless.

Don't be so ****ing stupid

This is their job, they need to make money to continue
ive NEVER downloading anything in my life
i really disagree with it

probably explains where mh money goes AND why im running out of space for cd LOL
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by GiantRaven
Don't be so ****ing stupid

This is their job, they need to make money to continue

Ok, it was designed to be inflammatory. You're the second person to react like that.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
I always buy it, I've never been able to work illegal downloading programs and knowing my luck I'd probably crash the computer with viruses
I like the little booklets you get with CD albums
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
lol i agree with you about the computer thing

i NEVER have luck

but yea thats one of the reason i buy cds too
i like the booklets haha

]
plus i might want to do cd booklet illustration so i think its a bit hypocritical if im downloading
AND i just think of all my favourite illustrators who might get put out of a job by not having people imploy them in design booklets

getting into the art industry isnt easy and most people dont make alot
As a rule I buy...but there have been occasions where I had to download because I just couldn't find the CD to buy it.

At that point I blame the artist. It's like, "dude, I searched everywhere and I can't ****ing buy your music!"

Then five minutes on Torrents, and there it is!

Hey...I don't feel morally responsible for that decision.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

yeah i have BWPs ep sent to me downloaded because they have no more copies of it

SENT downloaded...I didnt download it
i download sometimes and its mostly if i dont know the band and someone tells me their awsome, i do trust their opinions but i dont spend money on it casue 7 out of 10 times i dont think it would have been worth the money the other 3 makes me want to go buy their CD
SOOOO basicly i only download stuff i wouldnt actually buy or i download and put it on my list of **** to buy!
i usually download, but here at the university they blocked torrents, and i refuse to DL from limewire. so now i just buy albums that i couldn't get from downloading (nobody bands) from amazon for $2-10 with shipping included.
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
Always download unless it can't be found on torrents or file-sharing.

I couldn't care about the bands making money - I'm selfish like that. As long as I can listen to their music for free I'm happy.

Incredibly obnoxious and selfish, yes.
Being 16 and having no job, its not really an option for me to buy music. I mean I could save pocket money for 2 weeks and buy one CD that I may or may not like or I could just click a button and have 10 CDs within the hour and keep saving. Once I get a job, I'll start buying the CDs that I like, however.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Not answering. RIAA is probably allready monitoring this thread.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

I admit I have downloaded music from the net before, but 6 years ago I thought, Hey this is what I'm gonna do, and i would be pissed if someone stole my music.
Usually band members can't get other jobs, music is the only thing they can, so if they don't get money, then they can't make more albums
I buy CDs mostly. I download a track here and there to sample a band. Some artists put their albums up for free download, and use the creative commons thing so people share their music.
Bands like:
Defiance, Ohio
And the aptly named Bomb the Music Industry!
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
i buy cds. stealing music is stealing.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I downloaded all my music and I bought 1 CD; Is This It from The Strokes
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Page 1 of 2