Alright, I have auditions on the 26th, I have to do a 25 minute set by myself. I'm not sure if I'm ready for this.
How can I be ready, so I can make sure I don't develop stage fright in the middle of something?
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Know what you're gonna play very well so that it is just second nature
2 shots of whiskey will kill anyones stage fright.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
I'm 16 guys. Whiskey is just out of the question, although if my parents weren't there I probably would.
I have 9 days to learn 2 solos, Master Of Puppets, and One. I know the tapping part of One solo, and the first solo of Master Of Puppets. Is it possible to practice like I've never practiced before and get them down?
McLovin is my hero!

It's the coming.
i actually just did my first gig last week and i was scared but trust me when u get up there it all changes, just make sure u nail ur audtions and ull do awesome
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
25 mins?? thats seems little bit of overkill. just relax and think of it as any normal practice...good luck
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
this is gonna sound like a sarcastic pit response but it isn't. I've used this trick for years and it never fails: Puke a few minutes before you go on. Seriously, if you puke before you go on, what could be worse after you go on?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by McLovin-
I'm 16 guys. Whiskey is just out of the question, although if my parents weren't there I probably would.
I have 9 days to learn 2 solos, Master Of Puppets, and One. I know the tapping part of One solo, and the first solo of Master Of Puppets. Is it possible to practice like I've never practiced before and get them down?

You can probably memorize that tab in 9 days but I dont think 9 days is enough to make it sound perfect

Quote by ValoRhoads
this is gonna sound like a sarcastic pit response but it isn't. I've used this trick for years and it never fails: Puke a few minutes before you go on. Seriously, if you puke before you go on, what could be worse after you go on?

That actually might work. Or chew gum.
Whisky. mm. Not if your a lightweight though :P don't want to stagger onstage bladdered and think you're playing like EVH.
Quite.
25 minutes is a long time but things that help me:
*Know what you're doing VERY well. The less mistakes the less nerves
*Wear something comfortable. Favourite t-shirt perhaps?
*If you're doing vocals drink pineapple juice, it honestly works
Good luck!
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
Quote by McLovin-

Yes, it's possible, but it may be sloppy unless you are pretty good.
Quote by mister_crowley
Whisky. mm. Not if your a lightweight though :P don't want to stagger onstage bladdered and think you're playing like EVH.

I learned that the hard way on my 21st bday. Few too many Irish Car Bombs before I went on......oh man.....worst gig ever......didn't puke before that one....sure did after!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by mister_crowley

Meh, he always looks like that anyways
I'm assuming you saw the youtube thing where he plays "Jump" in the wrong tuning for the entire song.

Well, I'm gonna practice insanely, I'm also going to do an As I Lay Dying medley. I'm terribly terrified though.
I mean, I'm 16, first audition, all by myself. All those judgmental eyes.
McLovin is my hero!

It's the coming.
Quote by McLovin-
Meh, he always looks like that anyways
I'm assuming you saw the youtube thing where he plays "Jump" in the wrong tuning for the entire song.

Well, I'm gonna practice insanely, I'm also going to do an As I Lay Dying medley. I'm terribly terrified though.
I mean, I'm 16, first audition, all by myself. All those judgmental eyes.

Good luck to you then mate, i'm 99% sure it will go just fine. It usually does.
I remember my first 'gig' of sorts. eeh, what are the chances i was part of that 1% where everything goes to ****, eh?
Quite.
"So how old are you, McLovin?"

Quote by McLovin-
I'm 16 guys.

But really, the worst part is before you go on. It's all very easy from there on. Just make sure you know it inside out and are comfortable with what you are playing.