I'm gonna be turning 21 in a few months (hell yea) and I was interested in a little birthday present to myself. Currently I have a B-52 at112 and I love it. But I think a new speaker could do wonders for it. A buddy of mine that lives in my fraternity house just put a new speaker in his marshall avt and when I heard the difference I thought it would make a great upgrade.

The amp as is is a little dark. And I play a lot of AC/DC. So maybe a speaker with a bit more of a trebly bite to it but nothing extreme. But I also love playing a wide variety of stuff. Iron Maiden, metallica, van halen, etc... so I would need a speaker that could handle those sounds decently well if I could. I know I can get a speaker to exactly match anyones tones, but something versatile. Classic rock through metal.

I was looking at the eminence and celestions but honestly I don't know a whole lot about them and i've always trusted UG so I thought i'd ask

as always thanks Oh ya trying to keep it around 100$ could go a little higher if I loved the speaker though haha
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Last edited by ICANSEEYOU7687 at Apr 17, 2008,
Happy Birthday!

Check out an Eminence Swamp Thang. Popular speaker for the brighter tones you're looking for. They make their way into a lot of Fender amps. I bet you'll like it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
badass think it can handle metal?
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I don't see why not. If you like your amp for metal now, I think this speaker will add a lot of clarity to your sound - allowing you to pile on more dirt without getting too muddy. Their Governor and Texas Heat would also be worth a look.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
One more thing I heard that the eminence site has like a tone chart or something for their speakers. I visited their site and each speaker has it's own specs but nothing that I see for any kind of description for the tone. Or am I just retarded
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
You might be retarded, but you're right about the Eminence site.

Celestion does a better job describing/selling their speakers. If you go to sites like Musician's Friend and look them up, they'll give you a one sentence description and some stupid recommendation like, "Eminence suggests this as a replacement in a Fender Blues Jr.," to describe a good use for one of their 150W speakers.

Despite that, they make an excellent product. Maybe you could search You Tube... ?

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.