Im fairly certain that this is the right forum fior this quetion please tell me if i'm wrong.
I am primarily a bassist but also play keyboard, guitar, and drums. Im looking into buying a laptop to record. Nothing else, just record. I don;t care about gaming abilities or other stuff, just recording. Would a mac be a good path to take, or should i go with something else.
Note: i will be using recording software, though i haven't settled on a program.
Last edited by Jasonbts at Apr 23, 2008,
I use a Mac with an M-Audio KB + Reason for synth, Blackbox + Pro-Tools for analog. You can plug a Reason project directly into a Pro-Tools channel, so the whole package works together.

I can't imagine what you could possibly need that isn't available on the Mac.
i'd go with a mac, especially if you're looking at pro tools as well, it tends to run better on macs.
i record with a mac, and it has better quility recording the a studio i recorded at, i think there is no better recording equipment for the independent musician then the mac
yea i record with a mac too. Just make sure you get logic with it, and don't use garage band (which is already installed) Logic is an amazing program, IMO.

Also get an interface, you can go direct into the laptop but using an interface improves the sound quality 10 fold
yeah the only reason that the whole world doesnt use macs is because they dont work with standard windows programs and stuff...

if you want a computer that will do a specific thing, and that thing only, you can not beat a Mac!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I've never had problems with recording since I've been using macs. go path to go down.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by TomR
yea i record with a mac too. Just make sure you get logic with it, and don't use garage band (which is already installed) Logic is an amazing program, IMO.

Also get an interface, you can go direct into the laptop but using an interface improves the sound quality 10 fold

garageband is a cut down version of logic and is designed so it can be used so easily.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x