Page 1 of 2
i heard in a science magazine that fast food places are gonna start using cloned meat

CLONED!!!??!!??

are they gonna tell us when?

help!
what's the matter with it being cloned? I would be more worried about all the gmo food that you consume, or the animals that are chock full of antibiotics to prevent disease etc
I Bet Its ****ing Delicious!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
yeah, just because it's cloned doesn't mean its inherently evil. cloning does reduce genetic variation thus making diseases more damaging....but best not to eat meat anyway.
Quote by marshmellow666
i heard in a science magazine that fast food places are gonna start using cloned meat

CLONED!!!??!!??

help!

EU and US food and health agencies have already declared it fit to eat

noob
Quote by Who66
yeah, just because it's cloned doesn't mean its inherently evil. cloning does reduce genetic variation thus making diseases more damaging....but best not to eat meat anyway.

I see no problem with it. Although there's gonna be the whole "do clones have rights" issue.
Quote by Who66

You don't know what you have begun...
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
UK doesn't allow GM meat so it won't affect us.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
It really doesn't matter, it's been approved, so it should be healthy, also this way they can find the most delicious cow and clone it, making all the future cows delicious, instead of having to cook bad tasting cows.

Quote by Who66
best not to eat meat anyway.

No.
Have you seen how battery chickens are raised? Imagine how cloned animals will be "processed", stuffed with antibiotics and God knows what else. Its disgusting
Prime rib for 75cents a pound? Send in the clones!
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by succi
what's the matter with it being cloned?

for real... find the perfect steak and just keep it coming.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Rankles

cloned =/= gm

aparently Britain will have cloned meat

No.

yes

yes, meat causes so many health problems its stupid

i do eat meat, i'm not bothered

but when people think it's good they are just stupid
Quote by Telesmoker
Have you seen how battery chickens are raised? Imagine how cloned animals will be "processed", stuffed with antibiotics and God knows what else. Its disgusting

I guess they will probably try to clone the muscles only, so you have the meat without the hassle of raising an animal. It's not a suffering animal we get, but only a big bunch of cells, so I don't have ethical concerns.

Quote by Rankles

They don't manipulate the DNA, they only duplicate it, so I guess you'll get clone meat in the UK as well.

Quote by The Leader
Prime rib for 75cents a pound? Send in the clones!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Apr 17, 2008,
Quote by imthehitcher

But so can a vegetarian diet.

This is the best thing I've ever read concerning that particular debate:

Both vegetarian and omnivorous and diets can be made healthful or harmful; nutritious food choices, wise supplementation and nutritional sophistication will make the difference in the type of diet you choose. Following a strict vegetarian diet is not as important as eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Inclusion of high nutrient produce, including nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables and beans are an essential part of every healthy diet.
Has anyone heard of epigenetics? I wonder what kind of effect cloning has on them.

EDIT: and if it might effect the health of the meat.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Apr 17, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
But so can a vegetarian diet.

This is the best thing I've ever read concerning that particular debate:

Both vegetarian and omnivorous and diets can be made healthful or harmful; nutritious food choices, wise supplementation and nutritional sophistication will make the difference in the type of diet you choose. Following a strict vegetarian diet is not as important as eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Inclusion of high nutrient produce, including nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables and beans are an essential part of every healthy diet.

oh yea ofcourse we require variation in our diets

however a vegetarian diet is gona be more varied than a meat one

also the fact any amount of meat increases the chances of ass cancer
im ok then i NEVER eat at fast food places
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Has anyone heard of epigenetics? I wonder what kind of effect cloning has on them.

EDIT: and if it might effect the health of the meat.

There's always going to be a chance of gene expression changing within cells, but assuming all this is going to be happening in labs, the environment should be pretty controlled.

From a scientific point of view, I would have the cells screened. If a gene expression changes, eradicate with some good old targeting and forced apoptosis.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

I see no problem with it. Although there's gonna be the whole "do clones have rights" issue.

I don;t think that applies to cows.

It is worrying with regards to disease tho, all a little bit Potato Famine-ish.

What's so bad about regular cows?
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
back in the 90s cows sued have something called BSE (Bovine spongiform encephalopathy) AKA Mad Cow Disease) and people were worried that humans would get it, as theres a human form CJD

alot of cows were culled becuase of it
maybe people are still scared now
but thats only beef off the bone....its not as prominant as it was but i think some places in the world still have it
Stop the whole vegetarian/carnivore stuff now, please. It's a forum version of Pandora's box, or at least one of them.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
There's always going to be a chance of gene expression changing within cells, but assuming all this is going to be happening in labs, the environment should be pretty controlled.

From a scientific point of view, I would have the cells screened. If a gene expression changes, eradicate with some good old targeting and forced apoptosis.

Yeah but with epigenetics anything can change over time. Gene expressions that don't happen in the lab could begin to happen. I mean I'm just speculating, but thats because theres a lot we still don't know.
We're only strays.
I quit eating fast food 8 weeks ago and i must say i'm loosing weight.
Cloned meat?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!$?^!#?%^@$&?#%*?6*?#I?^UikUYKetyhjmfgjagja
gj
adfjhfhjh
kh
ksghk

wat
lol ive never really touched it
appart from when i was little
wed go have it after wed go to the cinema
Quote by marshmellow666

CLONED!!!??!!??

help!

Lmao I loved the "help!" at the end of that post. <3
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Yeah but with epigenetics anything can change over time. Gene expressions that don't happen in the lab could begin to happen. I mean I'm just speculating, but thats because theres a lot we still don't know.

Which is why you would screen for any changes. It'd be a pain in the ass to do (I hate Southern Blotting, takes too long.)

Actually, thinking about it, it shouldn't be that hard. Using several probes for the most unstable areas of the chromosome should allow a lab to determine if changes happen through nucleic acid hybridization. Test a few cells every few cycles or so, and you should have a good picture built up. As it's extremely rare for only a single cell to exhibit a change (especially if due to environmental reasons), it should be pretty accurate.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

Yes, but it happens anyway. It's not something that would only happen in a clone.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Thing is, for something like this, governments would want a set "cell standard", I assume.

I'm pretty sure the House of Commons would settle for a pay rise so they can afford 'real' beef.
Quote by imthehitcher

i do eat meat, i'm not bothered

but when people think it's good they are just stupid

People like you are ruining the world.

Humans have evolved to eat meat and it is practically required in the diet.

Dont make such stupid comments. Im genna go tuck into a juciy bacon sandwhich. Enjoy your salad tool
Page 1 of 2