whatre some good singalong song that everyone knows (acoustic of course)

-wonderwall..... thats all i can think of
Kumbaya!!!! IF YOU DONT KNOW THAT YOUR A NUBCAKE LOLZORS
My Gear Brah:
  • Ibanez K7 (silver)
  • Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony w/ gold hardware)
  • Mesa Triple Rectifier Head
  • Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Traditional Cab
  • Too many pedals to list...

Tribute Tenacious D, probably not what your looking for but it works

Ummmm, Keep on Rockin in the free world?
Most Oasis, everyone knows Oasis
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
Her ghost in the fog!! by cradle of Filth always a crowd pleaser great for them nursing home tea party thursday singalongs!!
when we have people over, they love my band to play "free fallin" "wonderwall" "ants marching" "sweet caroline" "sweet home alabama" and for the stoners "last dance with mary jane"
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
good riddance by greenday? i know its cliche, but it IS a good sing along song.
I think it depends on the age of the people singing along. If they're twenty-something or younger, then probably anything newish. If they're 30-something or older, classic folk and rock songs from the '70's like Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Neil Young, Eagles, Cat Stevens, Boby Dylan, James Taylor, Pink Floyd, etc. Also, every generation knows the Beetles and there are some great guitar sing-along songs. You couldn't go wrong there.

I went to a sing-along party a few years ago that had a couple of banjos, a base, a couple of guitars, fiddles, etc. and they passed out lyrics to classic old time songs like "You Are My Sunshine" and "Down in the Valley." At first I thought "oh god help me this is going to be ridiculous" but it was SO much fun that next thing I knew, I'd gotten my first banjo!!! Everyone had a sort of embarrassed posture at first but before long everyone was singing loud and harmonizing! Whoda thunk it?!
Woops - I just figured out you're a lot younger than anyone who would probably like those songs I listed!!! (sorry)
Dare You To Move; Meant To Live; Only Hope all by Switchfoot. almost any switchfoot actually.

The Great Escape by Boys Like Girls

I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie

Good Riddance by Green Day

Be My Escape; Must Have Done Something Right; Who I Am Hates Who I've Been; The Best Thing all by Relient K

3.14 Apple Pi by Bo Burnham (not a sing a long but people will love it. look for it on youtube. UG has the chords of the song up )
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Theresse
I think it depends on the age of the people singing along. If they're twenty-something or younger, then probably anything newish. If they're 30-something or older, classic folk and rock songs from the '70's like Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Neil Young, Eagles, Cat Stevens, Boby Dylan, James Taylor, Pink Floyd, etc. Also, every generation knows the Beetles and there are some great guitar sing-along songs. You couldn't go wrong there.

I went to a sing-along party a few years ago that had a couple of banjos, a base, a couple of guitars, fiddles, etc. and they passed out lyrics to classic old time songs like "You Are My Sunshine" and "Down in the Valley." At first I thought "oh god help me this is going to be ridiculous" but it was SO much fun that next thing I knew, I'd gotten my first banjo!!! Everyone had a sort of embarrassed posture at first but before long everyone was singing loud and harmonizing! Whoda thunk it?!

I think that's the greatest party theme I've ever heard of -- especially for a bunch of goofy, nerdy folks like my friends!

And I've said it before, but "The Bare Necessities" always a huge hit.
Last edited by milagroso at Apr 20, 2008,
Check out Brendan Benson. He's in The Raconteurs, and he's a singer songwriter. His music is basically pop music, but it's much better than what you see on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ2yrzZMlXs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecFL3BI98FE&feature=related
I doubt everyone knows him, but it's very listenable. If that's even a word.

Nice and easy, simple melodies.

Bob Dylan is a great idea as well.
Quote by merkalos666
Drive by Incubus.

HELL. YES.

*mad props*

Halleluiah by Jeff Buckley. Everyone knows, and everyone loves.
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
As cliched as it is, every time my friend plays it the whole party ends up singing Stairway to Heaven.

American Pie by Don MacLean is good too, but no one remembers more than the first two verses and the chorus :p
Other than Theresse's and onboard's recommendations.. I don't recognize a single "classic" listed. Seems to make T's post relevant.
^completely agree. Folks.. not everyone knows Oasis, Incubus, Switchfoot songs haha!

Think of songs that no one can escape. It'd be difficult to find people who have never heard songs like "I'm Yours", or "Here Comes the Sun" a few times in their life. Free Fallin' was a good suggestion also.
Sunday Morning Call - Oasis, Where did it all go wrong - Oasis. Talk tonight - Oasis. .45 (acoustic) - Shinedown, Dont look back in anger - Oasis, Dont go away - Oasis, Whatever - Oasis. Pardon me - Incubus, I miss you - Incubus (if you're good at singing while picking chords, instead of strumming)
Oasis nut
Gear: Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Ej-200, Peavey Studio Pro 40, Digitech RP55, Boss ME-20. Too many pedals to list.
Latest additions: epiphone ej-200, boss me-20

Quote by DAiMIteHan

Am I old enough to wear this fist in school?
Quote by TeeRav
whatre some good singalong song that everyone knows (acoustic of course)

-wonderwall..... thats all i can think of

Green Day - Time Of Your Life.

Great acoustic guitar song and easy to sing along with.
Everlong - Foo Fighters?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
OK, you all of course realize, this is a necro bump, don't you?

Fair enough. How about a necro suggestion?

That said, I'll play along. How about the Beach Boys, "Fun, Fun, Fun, When Her Daddy takes the T-Bird away"? (I think that's the title).
Last edited by Captaincranky at Dec 18, 2011,
I personally like some folk drinking songs. The Dubliners, that kind of stuff. For example look for Whiskey in the Jar (original version) or The Wild Rover.
Quote by Lord Kamina
I personally like some folk drinking songs. The Dubliners, that kind of stuff. For example look for Whiskey in the Jar (original version) or The Wild Rover.
How about the real words to the "Star Spangled Banner"......?

Brace yourselves, yankee devils.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqyQO3xhNx0

Here's five more "glorious" stanzas to revel in: http://www.potw.org/archive/potw234.html
Last edited by Captaincranky at Dec 20, 2011,
sittin' on the dock of the bay by the incomparable Otis Redding. easy chords, even i can play it !