how can i do this chord .... the D String doesn't bring out

how can i place my fingers so it brings out the D String
Is that 024440? Kinda hard to tell from the pic.

Anyway, I would finger it...like it is in the pic. First on second fret 2nd string, 2nd,3rd+4th fingers on the 4th frets of strings 3,4,5 respectively, and make sure you're not muting the high E if you want to hear it.

The D string is a bit of a stretch, since you have to push your 1st and 2nd fingers apart quite a bit.
it might be easier to just lay your ring finger over the fourth fret instead of doing each one individually.
My Gear
Agile AL-3000 Prestige Slim Profile Neck
Schecter C-1 PLUS
Washburn WD18SW Solid-Wood Acoustic
Vox AD30vt with the VFS2 footswitch
Fender PT-100 tuner
Vox wah pedal
you can either bar the 2nd, 3th & 4th string or just as in the picture. just practice to make sure your pinky doesn't comes beyond the fret
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Are you trying to play a B7? Is that what you mean by bringing out the D-string?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I first learned it like in the picture, but as I progressed I started to use my ring finger across the three strings on fret 4.

I find that easier and better because I have my pinky spare for sus4 hammer ons.
I only use my pointer and pinky whilst laying pwchords. Is that wrong?
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
how about 799877?
or just press your first finger on the a string and your third finger on d,g and b string.
in a situation where you want the open high E, youre better off not using bar chords.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard