Heya UG,
I just went to my local guitar shop and was trying out Fender American Series strats and teles for hours. I love the feel of the maple neck, so smooth!
I'm still not sure if a tele or strat would suit me better. I asked the store worker and he said teles are only for country and blues. That sounded a bit extreme to me... Only?
I play a bit of everything, mainly Sum 41 and Muse.
And amp wise soon I'll be purchasing an amp from Ceriatone, they make some sweet stuff.
Thanks in advance,
Lauz
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
I prefer teles, but honestly it can go either way.

EDIT: and tele's are DEFINITELY not just for country and blues

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
like .. that depends very much on the pickups , but i've always heard that teles have that brighter sound .. but i've seen teles for rock that sound nice (keith richards for example) . that depends a lot on the pickups and the amp .. but you should really buy what you feel comfortable with, if you realy like the teles so much , dammed , buy one and change one pickup if you feel like to !

this is just my opinion :p
only for country and blues? obviously he doesnt know anything. Personally I love my tele and I wouldnt have it any other way
teles are for country and blues, yes, but also shine in indie, punk/ska, rock,
pretty much everything but heavy rock/metal and stuff.

getta tele.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Thanks for the replies!
One more question I forgot to ask.
Are the necks on the strat and tele the same?
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
Quote by nachocheeez
Thanks for the replies!

Didn't you try both at the shop?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by nachocheeez
Thanks for the replies!

Same scale length, teles almost always have only 22 frets many strats have 24 and more often than not teles have maple fretboards where strats have rosewood more than maple. They both come in C and D shapes useally D's and tele headstocks are tapered so its slightly harder to do behind nut bends. oh and they have different heel joints, tele's are square strats are rounded. other than that theyre the same
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Thanks for that. Both felt pretty much the same. And the technical specs on Fender's site said they are basically the same. I guess I was just asking to check in case I'd read something wrong.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
Quote by plucky duck
Same scale length, teles almost always have only 22 frets many strats have 24 and more often than not teles have maple fretboards where strats have rosewood more than maple. They both come in C and D shapes useally D's and tele headstocks are tapered so its slightly harder to do behind nut bends. oh and they have different heel joints, tele's are square strats are rounded. other than that theyre the same

today isnt 4/20 dude most fender strats come with 21 frets
The tele and the strat I used both had 22 from memory. I guess it just varies
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
If you only play Sum 41 and Muse, why buy better gear?.... lol jp, muse is pretty good... but sum is.... lol im not going to say anything
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by DSchmitty
If you only play Sum 41 and Muse, why buy better gear?.... lol jp, muse is pretty good... but sum is.... lol im not going to say anything

Where did he say he was "only" gonna play Sum 41 and muse?
""I play a bit of everything, mainly Sum 41 and Muse.""

Ignorant c***
Damien Rice === Legend