I'm about done with Apple. Ever since I got my iPod Video I have had nothing but problems with it. And now the headphone input spot has stopped working and Apple wont fix it or anything.

What are some other good MP3 Players to look into now? I was thinking about a Zune but have no idea how good those are.
Creative Zen is the obvious alternative.

Or try Archos. They're ugly, but CHRIST ON A BIKE are they cheap! I've seen one with a 30gb harddisk for a price slightly less than a 2gb Nano EyePod.

And what's wrong with the headphone jack? Does the sound cut off? Does it turn back on if you move the plug around in the jack? Cos that's easily repairable. Get a pin and try to bend the tabs that make contact with the plug inwards, for better connection.
Zune.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Sandisk Sansa E280!

It's what I have and I would recommend it- quite cheap + does the job very well.
PLEASE GET A ZUNE
30GB or 80GB, the others aren't worth the money. I'd go for the 80GB cause it's the 2nd gen and it's got the nice touchpad and the aluminum back and the premium headphones. However, I have the 30GB and it's the 1st gen, but it still has the newest firmware!

Zune software sucks, however.

Zune>iPod
So after a quick glance at all choices The Zune seems to be the best at first glance. Thing is, my neighbor has a Zune, and the Zune software is crap. I love the iTunes layout for some reason, but I assume unless I hack into it there is no way to get the Zune to hook up to the iTunes?
Zunes are really good, man.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

i used to swear by creative zen, but then i ran out of space, which is the only reason i switched to ipod (i miss it) they make a new creative that holds a lot more music, i'm assuming that would be right up your alley
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by The_Paranoia
So after a quick glance at all choices The Zune seems to be the best at first glance. Thing is, my neighbor has a Zune, and the Zune software is crap. I love the iTunes layout for some reason, but I assume unless I hack into it there is no way to get the Zune to hook up to the iTunes?

The Zune is still the awesomeest
Quote by The_Paranoia
no. itunes is proprietary software that works only with ipods. youre going to have to convert all your itunes music anyway.
I have no opinion on this matter.
definitly get either a zune 30 or 80

i have had both and i have to say they are amazing..the 30 is a little bulky but pretty cheap while the 80 is just amazing..it looks fantastic, the video is tied with the ipod touch in quality, the premium headphones sound great, the screen is huge and highly scratch resistant with it being made of glass instead of the normal plastic kind, and the touch pad is miles ahead of apples wheel

the only problem (as others have pointed out) as the program is pretty bad. but if you can get past that a zune is amazing

oh and they're built like rocks
I pray that you didn't buy all your music from iTunes, because you may not be able to use it because I'm almost 100% sure it's DRM protected.
Songs from the Zune marketplace, however, are not.
The wireless sync and WiFi to send songs and pictures is awesome too
Quote by RPGoof
I pray that you didn't buy all your music from iTunes, because you may not be able to use it because I'm almost 100% sure it's DRM protected.

I do have a CD or two from iTunes.

But I'm sure I could find some totally legal way to get past that DRM protection....

New Question: How long do batteries on the Zune last? The iPod I believe said something like 12 hours if fully charged but I would watch one 30 min show and the battery would be dead.
I love my Sandisk Sansa. I only have the 2GB one, but they go up to 8GB. Very easy to use, and I very much prefer the spinny wheel thing as opposed to the piece of crap wheel on the iPods.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
The Zune battery should last long enough to watch a movie twice at the most, I'm going to guess. cnet.com did a whole test on the battery, check out their review
CREATIVE ZEN.
I have

this, it works just fine, this one is a 2 gig and i got it for about 70 dollars, and those ones go up to 16 at last check....

And if you're going for a bigger size, thennnnn:

these are amazing, too. i think they go up to 60gig?
i hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
building inside of me
to murder everything
i hope they cannot see
i am the great destroyer
Quote by RPGoof
That thing is so thick

haha yeah, i have that and the other one, they're amaaaazing.
<3 zens

and well...
it's not /that/ thick D:
i hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
building inside of me
to murder everything
i hope they cannot see
i am the great destroyer
Quote by RPGoof
That thing is so thick
the new zen is the size of a credit card.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by RPGoof

he could use one of those re writeable discs and then burn and rip, burn and rip. it'd be a bitch and take forever, but it's better than loosing all your music. or he could just higher bittorrent.
I watched some stuff on Cnet and I think I will be getting a Zune. Thank you all very much. I always thought Zune was crap until now.
The Creative Zen Vision: M is no longer in production (I believe).

But the Creative Zen is right up in your alley. I'm planning on getting one in the summer.
I've had a Sansa e260 (4 gig) for about 10 months now, and it does everything I need it to do perfectly, although it did freeze up on me once when I was on a long trip, other than that I highly recommend it.

Or, to be a sheep, Zen. They are really good, I owned a first gen. a long time ago, and it was pretty good.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools