i just had an idea...
if anyone is willing to trade their Blackheart stack for my Cube 60 (Which i doubt will happen) i was wondering if it's worth it.
i was thinking about getting the Blackheart + rack stuff
and EQ, BBE Sonic Maximizer and Behringer modeling processor.

would it be a good idea to part with my Cube and spend more money to get better tone? or would it only improve it a little, because i dont want to spend all that money for a small improvement.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
For the price of the blackheart plus all the fancy rack and modelling stuff, you could get a better amp.

Just my opinion, but it doesn't make sense to spend all that money on something that is in my opinion best used as a second amp for when you feel like something a bit different or need something smaller than your main amp.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
For the price of the blackheart plus all the fancy rack and modelling stuff, you could get a better amp.

Just my opinion, but it doesn't make sense to spend all that money on something that is in my opinion best used as a second amp for when you feel like something a bit different or need something smaller than your main amp.

true...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
i agree, no way would i do it.

i bought my epi vj as a second, home practice, amp.

sell the cube 15 and save up for a 5w tube combo if you want. but save the cube 60 for band practice.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i agree, no way would i do it.

i bought my epi vj as a second, home practice, amp.

sell the cube 15 and save up for a 5w tube combo if you want. but save the cube 60 for band practice.

i have a band, but its just me and my friend and everything i can do in my bedroom so i dont need a loud amp, i need a good sounding one.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
well why do you have to sell a $350 cube to buy a blackheart half stack?

why not get a 15W laney or similar.

i can see going from a 60SS to a 15W tube combo.

but a 60SS to a 5W tube stack makes little sense, imo. especially when you have a bedroom amp, in the other cube already.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
well why do you have to sell a $350 cube to buy a blackheart half stack?

why not get a 15W laney or similar.

i can see going from a 60SS to a 15W tube combo.

but a 60SS to a 5W tube stack makes little sense, imo. especially when you have a bedroom amp, in the other cube already.

what?
i didnt understand that last part.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
sorry, i'm saying that i dont see why a player would go from a 60 watt solid state to a 5 watt tube amp. especially when they already have a cube 15x practice amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Your Cube 60 is worth more than the Blackheart. I have 2 VJ's - tested out a BH but wasn't impressed enough to buy one as my VJ's satisfy my 5 watt needs. I also have 2 older Roland Amps that I love including a 50-watt SS from the 80's - and your Cube 60 is a great amp! SS or not it's all about the sound and the Cube 60 has great sounds and POTENTIAL. One thing I learned about the VJ's and the Blackhearts - they're really "one-trick ponies". Sure you can add effects, pedals, etc but investing a lot of $$$$ to make a 5-watt amp better is rather redundant. I use mine (VJ) with a multi-effects pedal so I'm guilty too but I'd keep the Cube dude - it's a great sounding amp and takes pedals REAL WELL. If I had it I'd be using it with my Korg M.E. Pedal to get ballstothewalls METAL... Roland SS Amps are great Metal Monsters with the right pedals. I've been wanting an S.D. Twin Tube Classic pedal for my SS amps to get a tubish sound but I actually love my SS amps too - they do certain things better than any tube amp (at least the ones I can afford) - CLEAN guitar sounds brilliant with my Roland - add a touch of delay and chorus and it just blasts the windows out with beautiful throbbing CLEANS.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Apr 17, 2008,
Quote by jj1565
sorry, i'm saying that i dont see why a player would go from a 60 watt solid state to a 5 watt tube amp. especially when they already have a cube 15x practice amp.

i got the the bigger cube cause my 15 sucked and i thought i was going to get a whole band instead of a duo.

i want good tone not loudness.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by strangedogs
Your Cube 60 is worth more than the Blackheart. I have 2 VJ's - tested out a BH but wasn't impressed enough to buy one as my VJ's satisfy my 5 watt needs. I also have 2 older Roland Amps that I love including a 50-watt SS from the 80's - and your Cube 60 is a great amp! SS or not it's all about the sound and the Cube 60 has great sounds and POTENTIAL. One thing I learned about the VJ's and the Blackhearts - they're really "one-trick ponies". Sure you can add effects, pedals, etc but investing a lot of $$$$ to make a 5-watt amp better is rather redundant. I use mine (VJ) with a multi-effects pedal so I'm guilty too but I'd keep the Cube dude - it's a great sounding amp and takes pedals REAL WELL. If I had it I'd be using it with my Korg M.E. Pedal to get ballstothewalls METAL... Roland SS Amps are great Metal Monsters with the right pedals. I've been wanting an S.D. Twin Tube Classic pedal for my SS amps to get a tubish sound but I actually love my SS amps too - they do certain things better than any tube amp (at least the ones I can afford) - CLEAN guitar sounds brilliant with my Roland - add a touch of delay and chorus and it just blasts the windows out with beautiful throbbing CLEANS.

i know, i love the sound of my Cube, but i thought i would get better tone with a tube...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
right i hear you. it's just that i dont understand, even if you hate the cube, why it has to be a 5W blackheart.

^edit: and as it turns out you love the cube. geez i think u've just been spending too much time on these boards.
ok, guys like their 5W amps. that's fine. but the cube isnt crap. it's not a bad sounding amp.

i think you should swap it if you want to. but i wouldnt. i would trade up instead.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Apr 17, 2008,
Quote by jj1565
right i hear you. it's just that i dont understand, even if you hate the cube, why it has to be a 5W blackheart.

its cheap and its tube.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
the stack is not cheap. so what if it's tube. and it does one/two things. you're going to need pedals.

but like i said in my edit, yeah ur fast, do it if you want to.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
the stack is not cheap. so what if it's tube. and it does one/two things. you're going to need pedals.

but like i said in my edit, yeah ur fast, do it if you want to.

lol, yeah...
i like these forums, i go on a lot.
lol.

i reconsidered it, it was a dumb idea.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
I really like my POD XTL through my Valve Jr, but like another poster pointed out there are alot of amps out there in that price range. For me I'm satisfied because it gives me a huge variety of great low volume tone, but that is exactly what I wanted. If you ever think for a second about more volume you may not have it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Keep the 60. A great, lasting, all-around amp.

Trade in the 15 on a VJ or Blackheart combo, just to get a tase for tubes.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Keep the 60. A great, lasting, all-around amp.

Trade in the 15 on a VJ or Blackheart combo, just to get a tase for tubes.

no one would be willing to do that.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by ugmung
no one would be willing to do that.

This I know. I meant, sell it on CL and buy a VJ combo. Or trade it in at GC. Or something. Somehow turn the Cube 15 into a small tube combo.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
This I know. I meant, sell it on CL and buy a VJ combo. Or trade it in at GC. Or something. Somehow turn the Cube 15 into a small tube combo.

or i could just sell it and keep the money to buy a new guitar, because i dont need a new amp.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by ugmung
or i could just sell it and keep the money to buy a new guitar, because i dont need a new amp.

Then why did you post this thread?
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Then why did you post this thread?

because i originally thought it would be better to have a tube, but i only want one amp though...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by ugmung
because i originally thought it would be better to have a tube, but i only want one amp though...

Right. Then mabye start looking into some 15 watt tube combos, if the Cube dosn't do it for you?