Which noise gate do you think is the best?

So far I've been looking at the Boss NS-2, MXR Smart Gate and ISP Decimator, but I'm not sure which to get. Obviously I want the one that works best, but the Decimator is about twice the price of the others, so is it really worth it? I need it because if I'm playing with higher gain I get alot of noise from my MXR 10-band EQ.

Thanks for any help.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Nothing is truly "transparent" but the ISP is much closer to it than the other two options. The Boss does a good enough job if you're willing to deal with a small degree of tone coloration, but the ISP is really the superior product. I've not used the MXR.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
Nothing is truly "transparent" but the ISP is much closer to it than the other two options. The Boss does a good enough job if you're willing to deal with a small degree of tone coloration, but the ISP is really the superior product. I've not used the MXR.

+1 ISP FTW.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
I got the MXR and sent it back... it would give horrible squeals when I would palm mute with high gain :/

I just stick to the noisegate in my V-amp pro now
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
is it just me, or does the decimator actually _make_ a little bit of noise when not turned on?

It just you or you have a bad power supply.... Dont blame the gear... Never blame the gear lol
My other pedals don't do that... on the same power supply. It doesn't really matter, it works fine when it's on. If for whatever reason I want it off, I can always just take it out of the pedal chain. Or turn the threshold all the way down.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
is it just me, or does the decimator actually _make_ a little bit of noise when not turned on?

It is known to add extra noise to the amp so your not crazy. The same happens to me.

TS- the ISP is far superior if you just want to quiet hum. If you want to completely cut it out, but in effect color your tone more go for the NS-2.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
To what extent does the NS-2 colour your tone?

Reason being I live in New Zealand and as far as I can tell nobody in this country sells ISP products. So not only would I have to special order it in but this would also probably mean paying around $350nz where as I can find the Boss unit for $160nz just down the road. So if the ISP is really that much astronomically better, then I don't mind going through the hassle, but if the difference is something that the average ear isnt going to notice then I may as well go with the NS-2.

Sorry for the thread hijack
i've read reviews from both sides, ns-2 and isp decimator.
i think metal players tend to favor ns-2 because it cuts out sharply when you're riffing power chords.
both are versatile in their own way. ns-2 has many knobs (3?), but you can put the decimator before input or in fx loop.
personally i own the decimator. and i haven't any complaints.

PS: just bought it last saturday!
ISP all the way, far superior to other noise supressor/gate solutions currently on the market IMO.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I had an opportunity to play with the new TC Electronic Nova Dynamics pedal over the weekend and ISP may have some very serious competition in the pedal market. It's expensive, but very good. Plus it has a very nice compressor on board.

I'm quite the ISP junkie with the rack stuff, but regarding pedals I daresay I'm quite impressed.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM