So, I've got this Fender Strat, and I've been playing around with the idea of slapping on a mirror pickguard. After strolling around this beautiful site of guitarfetish.com, I also found some gorgeous knobs with abalone on them. This got me thinking of really changing around some hardware and stuff to get a real unique instrument.

This is my Strat. I'm having a hard time thinking of some changes that are aesthetically pleasing. Should I keep the hardware chrome or not? What do you think about a mirror pickguard with golden knobs with the abalone? You can see all the knobs with abalone at the bottom here:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/knobs.html

I personally think they look orgasmic, but yeah. Give me some ideas about some really beautiful changes to the hardware and all!

Any input is really appreciated.
i think you should change the pickguard/knobs to match the hardware or vice versa

edit: actually changing the hardware to black or cosmo black would look aweome
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
I'm a bit leery of mirrored pickguards, why not a brushed finish? Regardless, I much prefer the chrome bell knobs with abalone to the gold.

Were you thinking of the bell knobs or the tele tops?

I've been sitting here thinking of refinishing a strat-copy to an orange with black pickguard, I don't know where I got that idea
Last edited by guitar/bass76 at Apr 17, 2008,
Quote by guitar/bass76
I'm a bit leery of mirrored pickguards, why not a brushed finish? Regardless, I much prefer the chrome bell knobs with abalone to the gold.

Were you thinking of the bell knobs or the tele tops?

I've been sitting here thinking of refinishing a strat-copy to an orange with black pickguard, I don't know where I got that idea

What exactly do you mean by a brushed finish?

And I figure the chrome ones would fit most indeed. I THINK i'll go for the bell knobs, but I like the tele knobs as well. I really want to take this guitar and make it a unique guitar, cosmetically speaking. I rarely see Strat with a Butterscotch Blonde finish like mine (it's not a Light Ash, you can't really see it well on this pic), so I want to make it even more like a one of a kind guitar.

I also have the idea of making some psychedelic drawing and text on the mirror pickguard. I've always been playing with that idea.
I think by brushed he means THIS. It's the picture I could find showing a brushed finish.

BTW Tele knobs would look really nice.
Quote by supergerbil
I think by brushed he means THIS. It's the picture I could find showing a brushed finish.

BTW Tele knobs would look really nice.

Hmm...to be honest I don't really like the brushed finish.

On a side note - on American Strats, are the electronics inside attached to the pickguard? If so, how do you get them off? I heard soldering mentioned once, but I'm not sure. I have absolutely no experience in soldering though and I'm not quite sure if I have those tools available either (my dad has a ****load of tools though).
Quote by Jehuty
Hmm...to be honest I don't really like the brushed finish.

On a side note - on American Strats, are the electronics inside attached to the pickguard? If so, how do you get them off? I heard soldering mentioned once, but I'm not sure. I have absolutely no experience in soldering though and I'm not quite sure if I have those tools available either (my dad has a ****load of tools though).

The switch is attatched with screws and the pots are attatched with washers/nuts