Which is the better pickup for Metal. I play stuff like Metallica, Megadeth, but I also like pinch Harmonics. I like great harmonics. And would it go better with a D Activator Neck or Air Norton Neck?
^+1
To everyone: we need the amp/guitar models to suggest a good pickup. or a new amp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
x2n is the best for rhythm. The evolution is my favorite for harmonics.

What I would get is the D activator X on the neck, and x2n on bridge.

Keep in mind D activator X is very different from D activator. I installed the D activator X bridge and neck pickups on one of my guitars last week, and its the best combo ever.
Quote by Xboxman121
I Have an Ibanez S470 and a randall g3 amp

this amp is solid state right? If it is, then you may want to get some lower-output pickups (duncan custom custom, custom 5, distortion, JB, or Dimarzio Paf pro, super distortion, or the d-activators). Not the X2n. it's an uber-high output pickup, made to Overdrive tube amps.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.