isn't it annoying when you come home to find your mothers knocked over your gibson and this happens

its still hanging on and yeah you can see the truss rod

what you reckon? repairable? general feeling between me n my mates is yes but id appreciate some outside oppinions
yeah sg special faded, puts my mind at rest a lil if its definitely repairable thanks guys
Quote by Tirkaz
Beat your mother savagely for this.

quote of the day my man, quote of the day
OUCH
beat your mother

it looks repairable...but i wouldnt touch it yourself...luthier job for a safe bet, and make your mum pay for
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
I'd wreck the car... or destroy something of equal emotional value.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
get it repaired. then charge ur mum for the repair job and just go on a big rant and say she should be more careful and not go near my guitar etc. or get a stronger guitar
Tell her its irreperable and then make her buy you a Standard.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
ouch
break your moms vacuum cleaner or something
definitely fixable, glue, or if necessary even a new neck can probly be put on, which would probly be pricey.
yeah i was worried bout gettin a new neck, if it comes down to that i might just take Ichimaru's advice and demand a standard
More pictures would be nice, but it looks like it could be repaired... possibly.

I know that it isn't exactly rare for people to get breaks at the headstocks of LPs and be able to just glue it back on no problem, but that crack looks a little more serious.

I remember watching some video interview where the guy being interviewed was talking about how the headstock of his LP had broken off LP four times and each time he just glued it back on no problem.
yeah id get some more pics up, a 2mp pic from my phone ent the best i know but i can't find my digital camera. i'm gonna try n get in touch with a luthier tommorow and see about the repair

cheers guys u've been alot of help
Quote by perkristian876
I'd wreck the car... or destroy something of equal emotional value.

That's a great idea. Morality aside, itll stop her from being so careless. Luckily, when this happened to me, it only borke a string on my Tele.

I'd take it to a professsional shop to get repaired. You could do it yourself, but if the angle of the wood is off, or if the glue doesnt set right, the whole guitar could be a disaster
She better be paying for it.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by nedthehead
That's a great idea. Morality aside, itll stop her from being so careless. Luckily, when this happened to me, it only borke a string on my Tele.

lololololol
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by HandsomeFrank
Tell her you forgive her, because everyone makes mistakes.

...:/

epic phail of the day.

HERE'S WHAT YOU DO.....

First, fix the neck without her knowing. save up a little so that you could have GC or something fix the neck.

Then, while she's still out of the know, demand _______ guitar. after you're satisfied with that, tell her, "oh, i forgot to tell you, the shop just called. I need to pick up my SG.

So, you have 2 sg's!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Tell her it's irrepairable, and with her money, buy me something...

>>
<<

Or, get a luthier to fix it, as said before.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
first of all thats Gibson quality for you, secondly kick you mums ass
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge
1. dont leave ur guitar in the kitchen. (that's where mom's stay right?)
2. get it fixed. be nice about it, and she'll make it up to you im sure.
3. thanks for not being one of those cry baby kids, comes on crying about thier parents.

good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
my mom would b hysterically crying if that happened b/c she knows how much i love my guitar and not only dont i have $ but niehter does she so we would both b devastated
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by HandsomeFrank

Then Falcon Punch her in the guts.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by HandsomeFrank

Quote by steven seagull
Then Falcon Punch her in the guts.

KA-POW! C-C-C-COMBO!
Well you could be nice..and ask her to pay for the repairs

OR

Well imagine it like this
U walk in and u see ur mum holding the guitar..
and it has that broken part..
and u grab it off her
n smack her head with it...
then in massive display writing comes up
"FINISH HER"
you choose.
I'd say force her to pay for any and all repair costs as it does look repairable
unless she hates you she will be overwhelmed with guilt that she damaged your guitar play the sad son card and you shouldn't have to drop a cent and as most others said tell shes forgiven, it'll make you look that much better
Quote by HandsomeFrank

yeah cus your so not this poor dudes mom masquerading as another guitar player...
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Nice, have fun never selling that SG for over $200......
Quote by Slaytanic6606
We have a pyramid with an all seeing eye, and a menacing eagle with arrows in it's talons.
You have a duck.

PRS Custom 24
Peavey Windsor + 2x12
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tubescreamer
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
Quote by Ichimaru
Tell her its irreperable and then make her buy you a Standard.

hah ! Now that's evul!

Or use it to ask for one as the next birthday present. She can't say no...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Apr 18, 2008,
This is the other reason why I tend to push Gibson and Epiphone away when I'm looking at guitars. I haven't been working on guitars for even a fraction of many of the "expert" repairmen I know have, and already I've seen more and been asked about more broken necks from Gibson than any other manfucturer. Not trying to make them look bad, but that's what I've seen myself in just a short time (I don't repair those personally).

Also, lesson learned because I'm guessing that this was left either leaning up against something or left on a floor stand? Individual floor stands should be used only to temporarily hold your guitar during short breaks in use. If you're putting it away for the night, or not going to use it for several hours, put it in a nice case, or a wall hanger.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Tirkaz
Beat your mother savagely for this.

+1
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Indeed a tragedy! Indeed repairable! Indeed forgive her (unless she's evil!)!
Quote by Hakael
This is the other reason why I tend to push Gibson and Epiphone away when I'm looking at guitars. I haven't been working on guitars for even a fraction of many of the "expert" repairmen I know have, and already I've seen more and been asked about more broken necks from Gibson than any other manfucturer. Not trying to make them look bad, but that's what I've seen myself in just a short time (I don't repair those personally).

Also, lesson learned because I'm guessing that this was left either leaning up against something or left on a floor stand? Individual floor stands should be used only to temporarily hold your guitar during short breaks in use. If you're putting it away for the night, or not going to use it for several hours, put it in a nice case, or a wall hanger.

Unless your idea of a floor stand is a beanbag with a plank of wood on top, or you live in a bouncy castle, good, sturdy floor stands are fine. You'd have to give mine a pretty good bash to get the guitar to fall off it.

+1 on leaving it stood against something though, if you must leave it somewhere without a stand lay it down on the floor out of the way or put it in a case.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Unless your idea of a floor stand is a beanbag with a plank of wood on top, or you live in a bouncy castle, good, sturdy floor stands are fine. You'd have to give mine a pretty good bash to get the guitar to fall off it.

+1 on leaving it stood against something though, if you must leave it somewhere without a stand lay it down on the floor out of the way or put it in a case.

Floor stand stability will differ from model to model (I find the "A" frame types that support the guitar body itself to be often times better), the fact remains that they're still prone to being tipped over. If the guitar's kept in a tucked away corner, or you live on your own and don't have to worry about your mother knocking it around with the vacuum, then there's obviously less chance anything will happen. I'd rather just be safe than sorry.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
If that happen, just get your mother to pay for it. And THEN get a really good luthier to do the job, because if she doesn't know jack about guitars, well then she won't know how cheap it can be done and then you can rest assured that the lutiher will do a good job.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009