I am really interested in getting a traynor YCV 40 (or 40 2x10 or blue 50)from what I've read and heard, it seems liek the perfect amp for me. Problem is, NOWHERE within two hours driving from me has it, nor can get it without the promise that I'm going to buy it. So my question UG is, should i just dive in without trying the water, and buy the amp online, or go for another amp thats more easily accesable around me? And a second question too, what are the specific advantages the YCV blue and 40 2X10 have ove the standard YCV 40? (oh and driving to the place that has them is not an option for me, because I can't drive, and my mom will not agree to take me there just to try an amp)
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
There's nothing close to you in Philly? I'm sure there's something decent around there to try.

Anyway, Traynor makes an excellent product, and you could do a lot worse than buying one blind off the 'net. For differences, the 40's more modern voiced, while the 50 has more of a Mashall-like crunch to it.

10" speakers offer a little more punch and attack than 12's, but you need to determine whether that's something you're looking for or not, and if it's worth it. I generally suggest the 1x12 in those instances because they're easier/cheaper to upgrade if you ever want to.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I would not recommend a purchase based on UG reviews or any review site for that matter. I think these reviews and recommendations are great to help a person determine some good amps to try out. Everyone has their own "sweet spot" when it comes to what sounds good/GREAT! For instance I dig Marshall and others dig Crate. Also sometimes you got to take what is available in your price range (and traynors are fair priced amps!)

There must be music stores in Phili PA! Even if your store does not stock traynor, perhaps they will get a used one in that you could try out. In the meatime, try all the amps (in your price range) and decide what Amps' YOU like. Then try local Craigs List you may find some deals that you can try before you buy.

Many folks go through alot aof amps, you sound young...so remember there will be many amps in your future. So do the best you can, with what you have - and you will soon become the next Beatles (Well, one can hope?)
DIVE THE **** IN. The traynor is a fantastic amp. Make sure you get a tubescreamer though. It really puts it over the top
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
what type of music do you play?

i couldnt find new traynors around here. just a used 40.
was a nice amp. the 50 is voiced differently like said, so it really depends on ur taste.

i had a few amps since then. bounced around a bit, and eventually settled on a us masters amp. again a brand not really available to try before purchasing.
sometimes you can can get a pretty good idea about an amp even without playing it first.

just make sure you do ur homework and can return the amp if needed.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
traynor > the internet
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Thanks everyone for the advice, and to answer a few questions, no there are absolutly no Traynor dealers around here, the closest are in greenville deleware and north of philly. And also I play mostly classic rock, blues, folk, and alternative.
Also, one more question. Under the conditions of the musiciansfriend 45/45 return guarentee that they advertise, am I allowed to return something (in this case the Traynor amp) just because I don't like it, and get a full refund for it? That wasn't really made clear to me when I read the terms and conditions or it on their website.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
when i return something to them, and i want a free shipping label. i call the 800 number find a small problem with the purchase first.

so far ive never had to lie. but, i've returned 2 guitars and a wah, all at thier cost.

just put it back in the box, print out a new label from their emial, and send it back.

even without free shipping on return, they are all still returnable.
But u'll pay for shipping if it's because you dont like it, rather than a clicking noise, or some other complaint.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011