hey hey

can any1 tell me anything about the ianez s6790fm?

im thinkin about buyin it but i cant find any reviews on the web

i particularly want to no about the trem system and if ther anything like floyd roses??

hit me bk

fanx
I believe the Ibanez S670FM is an European only guitar, but really it has nothing exactly special over any US S model.

Anyway, regarding specs. S series guitars are very thin and slick in design which most people find quite ergonomic and light. It's made of a Mahogany body and a bolt on Wizard II Maple neck with a Rosewood fretboard. However, on the S670 you get a Flamed Maple top with it which adds to the guitars top end in terms of tone and people find the Flamed Maple top pretty sexy. The Wizard II neck isn't quite Ibanez anorexic thin but thinner than most guitar necks. It's actually quite comfortable I find, but that's subjective. If you can try out a S series guitar in store, you'll get a general idea. Fret access is great due to the large cutaways and AANJ (All Access Neck Joint). Some players gripe about the 22 frets but thats why you can get the new Japanese S5470 with 24 frets. Pickups are not that good to be honest, the INF series are rather weak. If you change out the pickups to ones of your own choice, then the guitar would really kick ass.

As for the ZR trem, this is Ibanez's take on a tremelo system. Unlike a typical Floyd Rose tremelo system which relies on knife edges which can wear away over use and time, the ZR uses ball bearings which lessens friction between trem and guitar. Hence, this is why it's a lot more reliable since it won't wear away and cause tuning problems. Other features include a stop bar which means if you break a string, the rest of the strings won't go out of tune. Gripes with the ZR include a weak arm socket which some people have torn or something along those lines.

IMO, I would just get the stock S470 which has the exact same specs apart from the Flamed Maple top. With the leftover cash, I would then get pickup swaps, making it one badass guitar. Then again, if you love that Flamed Maple look.... your choice!
Quote by Mwoit
IMO, I would just get the stock S470 which has the exact same specs apart from the Flamed Maple top. With the leftover cash, I would then get pickup swaps, making it one badass guitar. Then again, if you love that Flamed Maple look.... your choice!

+1