My friend and I were discussing the internet distribution thing for music and had a cool idea.

Rock Band is obviously the new thing. We thought it would be cool for them to offer the option for any band (obviously there would have to be some sort of screening process) to have their song put in the game.

Say there would be a coding/creation fee of $250. From then on it would be like $10-20 a month to have your song in a section called Homegrown or whatever. It would be awesome exposure; the fees would pay for themselves.

Plus, we've all envisioned our songs in the game.

Think it could work?
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Well Guitar Hero will succumb to the next fad probably too soon for that idea to garner much success.
We're only strays.
the trouble would be over-saturation. If everyone put their songs on all the time, the liklihood of finding anything good is miniscule, and therefore not worth paying the fee, unless you play speed metal. Maybe if they had a "featured artist" thing, where that song is up for a month, with the oppertunity to download permenantly if you like it, for a small fee.
So let's say 3,000 artists put their songs up. Out of all those artists, why should I choose your song?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
So let's say 3,000 artists put their songs up. Out of all those artists, why should I choose your song?

It would have to be limited to certain number of bands each month.
Same problem with having a college degree.

It means I'm just as qualified as the other 450 million applicants!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Ichimaru

You could be able to preview the songs?
And they would be categorized by genre.