Maybe it's cos I'm slightly pissed, but...

I'm getting kind of fed up with my combo being stuck on top of my cab. It looks unsightly. So what if I (since I'm never going to use the speaker actually in my combo) Cut it down to a head size? Anything to stop me doing that? Obviously I'll take the speaker out beforehand, but..yeah.

Any thoughts?
I say go for it. Sounds like a great idea. As long as you don't damage the head in doing it I see it just as a wood holding.

But then again I really don't know what I'm talking about.
i dont see any issue with that as long as all the electronics are based on the top of the amp
Exactly. Though I'm kinda worried about the stuff inside while I'm sawing. Plus my parents will go nuts, I just installed a new speaker in this (for what reason completely escapes me). Lol

EDIT: The reverb tank's the only thing in the bottom, but I can just keep it on the bottom. My plan is to detach the bottom from the sides and cut the sides down, then reattach the bottom.
yea it could work, but i would get a qualified electrician to do it. mainly, because u dont want to damage the speaker, even if ur not using it, if it isnt damaged u could flog it off to someone else
Quote by thedudemeister
yea it could work, but i would get a qualified electrician to do it. mainly, because u dont want to damage the speaker, even if ur not using it, if it isnt damaged u could flog it off to someone else

Well, I'm taking it out before I do it so that shouldn't be an issue.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Well, I'm taking it out before I do it so that shouldn't be an issue.

im sorry, uve lost me there
Rather than cutting it down, you might consider taking the amp out and putting it in a new box. That way you have the cab there in case you ever want to restore it. Be a good excuse to dress it up in some sexy tolex, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
what amp? depending on the amp, you can probably find a box to put it in, i.e. with a Marshall combo into a Marshall replacement after-market head box. Or just measure and build so you can put it back in the old combo if you decide to later. Or, sell the combo box and speaker, but keep the amp portion.
Quote by slatsmania
Rather than cutting it down, you might consider taking the amp out and putting it in a new box. That way you have the cab there in case you ever want to restore it. Be a good excuse to dress it up in some sexy tolex, too.

It would probably be the best idea, but that also needs money. And I don't have any that I can really justify spending atm.
I don't know, man. Taking a saw to your amp when you're feeling:

Quote by bartdevil_metal
Maybe it's cos I'm slightly pissed, but...

... may not be the best decision in the long run. Just sayin'.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania

tats what i was gonna say. i might do that with my classic 30. maybe i can have a fake orange amp hahaha....*realizes he will probably never own a real orange*
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣