Whats so great about them? Why does everyone prefer them to Limewire/Frostwire? What if you just want one song? Give me a good reason to use torrents.
They don't have AIDS

You can download bigger things more easily.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
They're just better than Limewire, you can get one track if you want, but unlike limewire you also have the option of getting the whole album in one download.

Also didn't people stop using limewire etc about 5 years ago?!
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
You can download a single song with torrents unless they are packaged together in a rar file. As mentioned above, they are waay faster than limewire because of the way torrents work people share the files together, so if your connection is fast enough you can download a 4gig torrent in a few minutes. They are usually virus free, but read the comments before you download anything.
Quote by faultyy
They're just better than Limewire, you can get one track if you want, but unlike limewire you also have the option of getting the whole album in one download.

Also didn't people stop using limewire etc about 5 years ago?!

Thats about the time torrents became popular.

you can download one song with torrents, you just tell it not to download the songs you don't want.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
just downloading a singe song is useless. torrents also have things that are really hard to find. like rare albums that wouldn't be on p2p stuff in its entirety.
Torrents are far superior for downloading many files, especially programs. You can also get albums in one download. Torrents are a lot safer as well.
Guntella= Bad

Bittorrent= Good

It's simple math really

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Quote by maggot9779
You can download a single song with torrents unless they are packaged together in a rar file. As mentioned above, they are waay faster than limewire because of the way torrents work people share the files together, so if your connection is fast enough you can download a 4gig torrent in a few minutes. They are usually virus free, but read the comments before you download anything.

4gigs in a couple minutes? what the hell kind of connection do you have to do that? the fastest thing I've ever downloaded was a 3 gig game in one night (bout 12 hours maybe)
Quote by dark&broken
4gigs in a couple minutes? what the hell kind of connection do you have to do that? the fastest thing I've ever downloaded was a 3 gig game in one night (bout 12 hours maybe)

What I mean is, because torrents are shared by thousands of people you could download very large files very quickly. I may have exaggerated with the 4gigs in a couple of minutes....but someday!!!!

In Japan or China they use fibre optic connections which are VERY fast.
Quote by Zeppellica
Whats so great about them? Why does everyone prefer them to Limewire/Frostwire? What if you just want one song? Give me a good reason to use torrents.

The fact that you're getting free music in a relatively short amount of time.
Because Limewire/Frostwire carry LOADS of virus' and aren't reliable and you've to wade through the **** to get the song you want
Why the fook would you want one song?
Because they're better than you!
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Quote by maggot9779
What I mean is, because torrents are shared by thousands of people you could download very large files very quickly. I may have exaggerated with the 4gigs in a couple of minutes....but someday!!!!

In Japan or China they use fibre optic connections which are VERY fast.

Depends on the torrent too. But I suppose if you've got all fibre optic and you've got a torrent with a few hundred seeds and ****loads of leeches you could probly do **** pretty fast.