yes, whats the deal with piezos on electric guitars... i dont know much about them, but i got astonished as soon as i found out what they were and how they sounded...

i want to learn more on them, so if you happen to know anything about them, just let me know please.

if you dont know them, look for "guitar piezo" at youtube.com and you'll touch heaven with that sound.

PD:yes, i have a petrucci signature, but it has got no piezo.(for those who are going to do useless commentaries such as: "you have a piezo guitar and dont even know what they are?!?")

thks a lot!
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
lol wut?
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Quote by withgunstoglory
lol wut?

look at this->

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y3aL7W0uP0U

and if you like it search for more...its awesome!
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by ivan_2894
yes, whats the deal with piezos on electric guitars... i dont know much about them, but i got astonished as soon as i found out what they were and how they sounded...

i want to learn more on them, so if you happen to know anything about them, just let me know please.

if you dont know them, look for "guitar piezo" at youtube.com and you'll touch heaven with that sound.

PD:yes, i have a petrucci signature, but it has got no piezo.(for those who are going to do useless commentaries such as: "you have a piezo guitar and dont even know what they are?!?")

thks a lot!

Well what exactly do you want to know? How they work? How much it would cost to install them on another guitar? What other guitars come with them stock? Define your terms, sir.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i'm sure he means anything related to them would be fulfilling enough for him.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by ivan_2894

thks a lot!

Am I mistaken, or did you just contradict yourself?
Be cool.
In which case: they work by using piezo crystals which generate an electric current when put under pressure, they need a pre-amp built in because the signal generated by the pickups themselves is too small to get to the amp, an after-market system for your guitar will set you back about $200, as far as I'm aware there are no third-party tremolo piezo systems and I think they have their uses but can't replace the tone of a good clean tube amp.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by ivan_2894
look at this->

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y3aL7W0uP0U

and if you like it search for more...its awesome!

Niiiiicce

EDIT: the guy playing the guitar looks kinda like Tom Araya
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Quote by thedude051

uh...you're not mistaken, just retarded.
can't you read?
He said people say that he's dumb for "having a piezio guitar" and not knowing what it does. His first statement stated that he has a pertucci sig and it DOES NOT have a piezio.

and arent the point of piezio pickups to create acoustic tones? they use piezio pickups in acoustic guitars all the time. like the nanomag thing on the epi LP thing.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
In which case: they work by using piezo crystals which generate an electric current when put under pressure, they need a pre-amp built in because the signal generated by the pickups themselves is too small to get to the amp, an after-market system for your guitar will set you back about $200, as far as I'm aware there are no third-party tremolo piezo systems and I think they have their uses but can't replace the tone of a good clean tube amp.

All you need to know right here. Piezoelectric materials are really useful, but I'm not too thrilled with most current (pun!) applications on electric guitars.
piezos are pretty hit and miss with most people.

i personally find them offensive to the ear... really tinny and brittle.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
just out of curiosity, if youd want to mount a piezo to an existing guitar, howd ya go about it?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
I found GraphTech's GHOST system after a Google search. You replace the string saddles on your Fender tremolo-style or Gibson Tune-o-Matic style bridge with GraphTec's special saddles, wire them up to a pre-amplifier and you then have an acoustic output with variable tone. You can also run the signlas through a converter box to output MIDI signals which can then drive a floor processor like a Roland GR. Here's the page:
GraphTec GHOST

Tis not cheap though...

Rob

Edit: They might be expensive, but I might just try and fit them to my Cort KX5. My mate has an Ibanez RG1520GK with piezos, and a GR20 floor synth. Sounds amazingly realistic, so let's see how the money goes over summer...

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by thedude051

Yes you are very mistaken, your post is full of fail.

Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
I have 2 electric guitars with piezo pickups. They are very versatile. I like the L.R. Baggs the best. A bit more realistic for stand alone acoustic tone, but blended into your tone with humbuckers they can be pretty impressive.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by thedude051

you are mistaken sir. Most petrucci signature come with piezo, so most people would think i would have one, but i havent .
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I am glad we keep coming back to a minor clarity issue - it takes us off the topic

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
is there any way to put piezo on floyd rose trems??
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by ivan_2894
is there any way to put piezo on floyd rose trems??

Most Floyds have fixed saddles - they're integrated parts of the bridge. I don't think you can replace them, or at least GraphTech don't do piezo saddles. You could try replacing your bridge with an Ibanez Double Edge Pro - that's the full works, Edge Pro floating trem with integrated pickups. Probably cost you a mint, either that way or if replacement saddles exist.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
oh dear... this is in the top of my "to get"-list from now on
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe

I hear you, if I got paid a decent amount from my crappy job, I'd have a set of these pickups right now . John Petrucci, you are an inspiration!

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by bjoern_swe

im doing a group of piezo lovers right now

JOIN YOU PIEZO LOVERS!
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

would you tell me good guitars with piezos to buy?? under 800 U$S and ibanez kind of tone
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

third member!
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by ivan_2894
would you tell me good guitars with piezos to buy?? under 800 U$S and ibanez kind of tone

Ibanez RG1520GK is the only real one I know of. About £700GBP, so way over your budget. Might be best to look up some third-party units and retro-fit them.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by quantum leap
Ibanez RG1520GK is the only real one I know of. About £700GBP, so way over your budget. Might be best to look up some third-party units and retro-fit them.

yeah. :S looks im ****ed!
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||