Ok, I know licensed floyd roses are the cheap version of the "holy" Original floyd rose. I know OFR's last longer stay in tune better yadayada... but I havn't been able to find why the OFR is so much better. They say if your replacing a LFR with a OFR it's just a "drop in" replacement.

So obviously (in my knowledge) it seems like it would be the locking system on the bridge idk. Anyways a lot of people on here could probably write books about these things but ya I was just looking for some insight.

Thanx
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.
Thats the worst metal amp I've ever used...

lol
Quote by ltmusicman
I know OFR's last longer stay in tune better yadayada...

Well some lfrs dont stay in tune too good (some are great) and imagine having to tune (unlock nut, ect) after a couple divebombs. Iv played with absolutly amazing lfrs tho, so dont hate on them.
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
^for example, the Edge pro/original edge, or the schaller floyd
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The issue is that LFRs tend to be made of cheaper materials so they don't hold up as well as an OFR.