Ok, I saw Matthew Bellam(guitarist/singer of Muse) using this glowing square thing behind his bridge. He was picking with it I think. Can someone tell me what the heck that is?
I have too much gear to fit!
Isn't the Kaoss pad a MIDI controller for a guitar?

All I know is that they're hella expensive and can be installed in a guitar (which is a complicated process and adds weight, if I'm not mistaken).
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
For the 2006 album, Black Holes and Revelations, he bought a new guitar, the "Black Kaoss Manson". The guitar features two P-90s, a Fernandes Sustainer System on the neck and a Kaoss Pad.

on their wiki page.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
it is NOT a Kaoss pad, I repeat, NOT a Kaoss Pad. It's a MIDI XY pad that is hooked up to an external KP2 Kaoss Pad. The place on the pad he touches corresponds with a position on the KP's screen, letting him control it wirelessly. I think he also has a different set of MIDI numbers set to his whammy pedal as well.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=B-4lPjRsrIA

Man, I've never seen anything like this before. Dude's got a built in sustainer switch, and the fact that the kill switch only kills in position 2 is brilliant....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by FireandFlames
^isn't the killswitch just an on/off/on 3-way switch?

yeah, it is, but I just thought it was neat that they pointed out that if it's accidentally hit while playing, it usually won't stick in the off position since it's in the middle.... Just a neat detail I thought.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator