Hey Guys

Im lookin into a college in Philadelphia, PA, but before i make my decision, i want to know if anyone knows if theres a good music scene there-places to play, A&Rs, etc

Thanks
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
In Philadelphia? Of course. Most big cities have places to play. I don't know, but you got a free bump anyway.
i live in a suburb right outside of philly, we love our music here, and there are many places 2 play, r u interested in like small bar venues or bigger places?
Philly has a pretty big music scene.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
well in general, i heard that philly has a very good music scene--im ultimatley looking for both large and small venues
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
I live in philly and work at a music venue (World Cafe Live) and yes Philly is a great music city. We have a good amount of venues both large, medium and small. Lots of open mic nights and regular shows going on everyday of the week. I havent lived in any other cities to compare it to but I think its awesome here.
Though the TS obviously has his answer, still wanted to say that I've heard nothing but great things about the Philly music scene. Both in its diversity and quality of musicians found there.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination