Page 1 of 2
So I had my guitar lesson today. As we sat down in his lesson room I asked him how his week had been so far. He told me that today he had received a call from the former vocalist of his band. The guy woke up with blindness, and his wife took him to the hospital. he had an MRI done, and they found that he has a brain tumor stretching all around his brain and his spinal cord. It's impossible to operate on, and he's going to die in a matter of weeks.

I've of course always known that life was temporal, but this really reminded me of that fact. I feel so badly for him..I guess he can be thankful that he knows that it's coming and has time to say goodbye, unlike most people..
thanks for settin the mood
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Quote by blair30
You think if he had only stayed awake it would never of happened?

Heh. That would have been crazier..having vision one second and then it suddenly going away.

Also, during the lesson, one of guys who teaches drums at the place called my teacher. Apparently he woke up and the right side of his face had somehow caved in, and he had to get a bone graft to fix it.

Maybe I should start taking lessons from somewhere else..lol
That's really sad. =[
I had a realization as well on that subject matter. I was watching some Jason Becker videos. It's really sad what some people have to go through... =/
Quote by Mask_Of_Sanity
That's really sad. =[
I had a realization as well on that subject matter. I was watching some Jason Becker videos. It's really sad what some people have to go through... =/

Dude that made me so sad when I heard about it. Especially considering all the work that he had to put in to get to the skill level he had..

Sorry to hear that, really sad now.

Gotta go watch at least 30 minutes of Billy Connolly now.

man that sucks so bad.
My dad's friend just found out that he had cancer, the docter gave him 2 weeks to live.
He's only 40. It's so sad how fast life can go.
Sorry to hear that man.
Wow...I'm sorry to hear that.

It shows how we should always live life to the fullest...you never know what could happen.
The.
That really makes me want to cry.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
strange that my little brothers hamster died from a tumour yesterday, its eyes popped out.

Anyway, i hope this guys last days are good. Could happen to anyone.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Last edited by soccermom at Apr 17, 2008,
Quote by Spamwise
Like literally out? O_o

well one of them.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
that sucks. my high school physics teacher found out that he had a brain tumor back in like october or november. they were going to operate like 2 days later, but then the next day he suddenly died. it was terrible.
Things like this remind us of the inevitable end. Our violent culture has made us forget the value of life which cannot be replaced. Events like this help us realise that.
Depression doesn't belong in the pit
That really, really sucks :/

Did that band discover the burial chamber of some long lost Egyptian pharaoh by any chance?
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by Insanity^2

Did that band discover the burial chamber of some long lost Egyptian pharaoh by any chance?

Lol. Yeah probably.
That happened to my former swimming coach. The doctor said he had a couple weeks to live. Two days later, the doctor came back and said he was okay and going to live. Next day, he passed away.

Sorry to hear that.
My niece will pass in the next 4-6 weeks. She's 14. Bone cancer that has masticized throughout her body. I don't really know why I'm sharing this with all of you. Life happens.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
My niece will pass in the next 4-6 weeks. She's 14. Bone cancer that has masticized throughout her body. I don't really know why I'm sharing this with all of you. Life happens.

I'm so sorry, man.
Quote by lotsofvolume
I'm so sorry, man.

We just found out Monday. So did her parents. I'm still trying to understand how you cannot know your child is in pain.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Why is there so much sadness in the Pit
My heart goes out to your teacher's former vocalist and to that nice kid that tkdfighter knows.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
holy ****. I hate how people act like life is eternal and that some think they're invincible. I'm try my hardest being happy each day so i can make it all worth something.
Quote by Jackal58

because some of us actually do care. im really sorry to hear that. its always worse when a child has to die like that.
Quote by SuperRitsu
Why is there so much sadness in the Pit
My heart goes out to your teacher's former vocalist and to that nice kid that tkdfighter knows.

The entire world is filled with sadness. We are sad today and joyous tomorrow. Life happens

Quote by Z_cup_boy
holy ****. I hate how people act like life is eternal and that some think they're invincible. I'm try my hardest being happy each day so i can make it all worth something.

Read my sig. I know you've seen it before. But that is the way I live my life. Live it. Love it. You never know when it's going to come to a screaching halt.

Thnks Daytripper. I know a lot of people on here are very caring individuals. Maybe that's why I did.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
been there done that....except with a close friend. not a friend of a friend. he was talking to me one night and his tumor ruptured....its rare to survive that.....so.....the next day at school i was living with knowing i was the last person he talked to before his brain essentially exploded....oh yeah....the last day before christmas break
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Something like that happened to me last week. My cousin was misdiagnosed with a brain tumor that was 2 inches thick. Turns out it was just a cyst. So apparently she will be fine.
Man that really sucks. I hope his final moments of life are good. Atleast he can say bye to everyone. :-(
Man I feel so bad for all these people.

I'm the most paranoid person ever and I have symptoms that match brain tumor... like vision is kinda getting worse, I have had a seizure but had multiple MRI's and stuff and nothing was wrong, and I've been having muscle twitches. I hate being paranoid.
Page 1 of 2