Well my other thread died and im not triple posting. And I've decided to get a new amp anyway instead of upgrade my Valveking. So I've been looking at amps online. The guitar shops around here like to carry halfstacks and not many combos except fenders, mgs, and piders so Im basically buying without trying =(

Im willing to pay up to $600 dollars and i will go used. Im going to college next year so it cant be too loud. I play mostly rock and metal and practice a bit on clean. So mostly distortion and alright cleans. My favorite bands are Alter Bridge, Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, Lamb of God, and Metallica.

I have two amps in mind but am open to suggestions.

Randall RG50tc- Ive heard great things about its distortion and I like the two different gain idea. although most reviews are split 50 good 50 bad.

Traynor YCV 50 BLUE with a Tubescreamer- All Ive heard is great things but not sure if it has enough gain for me. However maybe a nice overdrive pedal could get me there.
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
don't get a ycv that's not a metal amp. i don't care if you get a tube screamer, there's no point. get the randall
Those amps are gonna be really loud! if you want a quiter amps with good distortion, you could get The mini Peavey JSX (5 watts) Then you can cranck it more.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
but those have master volumes so i can get a decent cranked sound if im correct. plus Ill be jamming with friends when i come home.

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
I just got the Fender Hot Rod Deville tube amp today. Holy crap batman, that thing is amazing. 2 on the volume is too loud in the house. So far I love it, I need to get some pictures so I can update my gear thread.
Hmmm....

High gain, lower volume, under $600, used....

I'd seek out a small Mesa on eBay, something like a Subway, Studio Caliber/.22, etc.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Im interested in these mesas now! could you describe the two please? Im horrible with mesas as theyve never ben in my price range.

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
There's a huge number of reviews of them on Harmony Central. Check 'em out. But they're basically small high gain amps. Generally designed for studio work, but definitely enough power for jamming.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thank you! I like the studio .22 at the moment!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
BUMP

what about the f-30?

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
The F-30 is probably better for metal than the Studio/Caliber series. They're great amps. Rumor has it that Mesa discontinued the F series because it was cutting into their Recto sales. If you can score one for $550, that would be a good score.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.