Im currently learning the opening riff of Crazy Train, and this song is supposed to be good for learning how to stretch fingers when playing songs.

I can play the song at a slow tempo without stretching my fingers, but it sounds nothing like the original. This is because I can't stretch my fingers well.

How do you train fingers to stretch across the fretboard? I try to arch them, but I end up pulling the string down near the adjacent one on accident.

When I practice my chromatic, should I be keeping all four fingers pressed down, or should I lift them as i go?

Does it come with time or tendon strength, or can the skill be achived early?

Sorry for all my posts btw, I guess I just have alot of questions.
Do you have adobe reader?
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

When you practice chromatics you should leave each finger on the string as long as possible but obviously for riffs like Crazy Train you should practice your muting technique so you don't end up sounding like a complete amateur.

Finger and hand strength will only come with time; there are no shortcuts to it, sorry.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
when I was starting out I practiced Jump in the fire's intro by metallica to stretch out my fingers.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Yes i do

So stretching fingers is related to hand strength?

What part should I mute on? The whole riff? If you dont mute what would the difference be? Also if I mute, how much should I, because from what I understand palm muting sounds different if you press down harder.
Quote by nin3donian
Yes i do

What part should I mute on? The whole riff? If you dont mute what would the difference be? Also if I mute, how much should I, because from what I understand palm muting sounds different if you press down harder.

Ok turns out you cant put an attachment on a pm. Can I have your email?
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Quote by nin3donian
Yes i do

It is, yes; but i didn't mean palm muting, I meant just muting as in stopping unwanted strings ringing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I think I learned by playing the bridge riff of Black Sabbath, anchoring my index at the 3rd fret and letting my pinky play all the other notes. Unconventional, and probably very fundamentally unsound, but it worked.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
should I keep my index at the 2 fret at the intro and then reach across with my pinky?