I realized this week that I eat like ****. I just drink a bunch of energy drinks and eat the most fatening greasy food. It's a wonder that I don't have diabetes and am not overweight. I need some ideas for good healthy food. And not just that food pyramid crap, I mean like cleansing foods like fruits and vegetables, and good meats. I want ideas on what kind of really healthy yet filling meals I could make. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by CorvetteRick
Seriously though, try high fibre cereals in the morning if you want to "cleanse". Also to "cleanse" you could try yoga with a garden hose up your ass. Or to be a more macho cleanser try drinking beer, its very high in fibre, 40% of daily recommended intake, per can.

Ok, by cleanse I don't mean I want to **** it all out, I mean I want foods that will help remove the bad stuff in my body, like antioxidants. I want a detox diet.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Just dont eat what you normally eat. Eat vegetables and fruits and stuff.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
i love your quote, lol, its awsome, im not a big fun of nietzsche

big fan of dr. rudolf steiner, von goethe, and a modern day philospher leo zagami

you should try out harvest health for good organic foods, not the grocery store
Quote by clincher09
Ok, by cleanse I don't mean I want to **** it all out, I mean I want foods that will help remove the bad stuff in my body, like antioxidants. I want a detox diet.

Don't go OTT on antioxidants. They're fine in certain amounts, but too much and you're going to end up with more than one kind of nutirent deficiency.
Yogurt is one good thing to start with, and start to drink water religiously. 2 or 3 bottles a day. Stay away from processed foods as much as possible. Just get regular veg/fruit stuff from the store to eat, like some bananas, apples, strawberries, nuts (even planters peanuts are fine), potatoes, beans, SWEET POTATOES (if I could I'd live off of sweet potatoes), etc.

Its really not that hard. Sure you'll miss over indulging in unhealthy, addictive foods. But trust me there are plenty of home cooked dishes that are AMAZING and use natural, healthy ingredients. Hopefully you do have a mom or wife that cooks well. That makes things a lot easier.
We're only strays.
Once you start eating healthy you'll wonder why you ate that **** before.

Try lots of rice, fruit, and anything ORGANIC really.. and try multiple smaller meals a day.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Yogurt is one good thing to start with, and start to drink water religiously. 2 or 3 bottles a day. Stay away from processed foods as much as possible. Just get regular veg/fruit stuff from the store to eat, like some bananas, apples, strawberries, nuts (even planters peanuts are fine), potatoes, beans, SWEET POTATOES (if I could I'd live off of sweet potatoes), etc.

Its really not that hard. Sure you'll miss over indulging in unhealthy, addictive foods. But trust me there are plenty of home cooked dishes that are AMAZING and use natural, healthy ingredients. Hopefully you do have a mom or wife that cooks well. That makes things a lot easier.

I do drink a hell of a lot of water, about 4-5 12 oz servings a day. I also want to know what dishes I can make that are healthy but at the same time good. I'd prefer if they had meat in them too. I started eating at least a few servings of fruit everyday, but I'm gonna have to start getting vegetables in there. I thought about going to buy a head of brocoli and eat a serving of that once a day.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by clincher09
I realized this week that I eat like ****. I just drink a bunch of energy drinks and eat the most fatening greasy food. It's a wonder that I don't have diabetes and am not overweight. I need some ideas for good healthy food. And not just that food pyramid crap, I mean like cleansing foods like fruits and vegetables, and good meats. I want ideas on what kind of really healthy yet filling meals I could make. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Why don't you like the food pyramid? One of the most fittest people I know gives health advice all the time, and the only diet hes ever recommended to me or anyone else is the food pyramid along with a healthy dose of exercise.
Try Kashi Golean crunch cereal. They make you fart, but it's really good and it's high in fiber.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
I'm in the same boat. I have at least two or three carbonated beverages a day and eat pizza damn near every day at school. I also haven't been in so much as a PE class for 3 years, and do absolutely nothing in the realms of physical exercise at home.

The crazy thing about this is i'm not overweight. i'm actually underweight. Around six feet tall and I weigh 120 pounds.

So really... weight gaining tips would be helpful as I am obviously not healthy...

And I eat more than anybody I know, so "eat more you anorexic bastard" is'nt gonna cut it.
If you get hungry for a midnight snack, eat a peanut butter sandwich with milk.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by ih8u2
Why don't you like the food pyramid? One of the most fittest people I know gives health advice all the time, and the only diet hes ever recommended to me or anyone else is the food pyramid along with a healthy dose of exercise.

Because I want actual ideas for meals, not just "eat an ouce of this a day, 3 servings of this, 2 servings of this...."

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Instead of finding specifically 'cleansing' food why don't you just eat healthy food and that'll fix alot of your worries?
Quote by clincher09
Because I want actual ideas for meals, not just "eat an ouce of this a day, 3 servings of this, 2 servings of this...."

just make as many different types of stir frys that you can make up.
u pretty much got the idea of it all...
just go to any health food store. that will give you good ideas!
I <3 Rock Mushik
Well you can go to the supermarket and buy normal stuff but don't buy alot of processed foods
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]