Hello all,

I have a Highway One Strat and a Peavey Classic 30. I play Classic Rock, 80's HardRock and clean tones. I like the cleans through the neck and middle Pick Ups pretty well but I'm not a fan of the stock humbucker (Their descriptions are listed below).

Here are my questions:
* Should I replace all Pick Ups or just the Humbucker?
* Which Pick Ups should I go with?

Thanks!

1 Atomic™ Humbucking Pickup (Bridge),
2 Hot Single-Coil Strat® Pickups with Alnico 3 Magnets (Neck/Middle)
* Should I replace all Pick Ups or just the Humbucker? That's up to you and whether you like them or not.

* Which Pick Ups should I go with? There are a tone of different tones for those styles you listed. Depending on which one you like, you could go with the JB ^^, Pearly Gates, '59, Distortion, Duncan Duncan, Seth Lover, Dimarzio Pro Paf - all of which will play those styles and all sound different.

You want me to tell you what you want? Get a JB.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Eh, no to the JB. I'd say that would sound pretty thin and excessively trebley in a Strat. It's a Fat Strat, we want the humbucker in their for thicker tones. Yeck.

- Name some music you play, or more specifically, tones that are similar to what you shop to achieve.

- What do you use your various pickup positions for? (For example, I use my Strat's neck position for cleans, and I use the neck/middle in series wiring for chunky rhythm. )
- Name some music you play, or more specifically, tones that are similar to what you shop to achieve.
* Cleans would be Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight, Jim Croce, Lightfoot
* Distortion would be everything from The Rolling Stones to Cinderella

- What do you use your various pickup positions for? (For example, I use my Strat's neck position for cleans, and I use the neck/middle in series wiring for chunky rhythm. )
* I'm still experimenting with this. Currently I only use two positions, neck/middle for cleans and bridge for distortion.

Thanks again!
I assume Cinderella is a fairly heavy band?

Well, for vintage type cleans, I like to recommend the Smooth Grooves from RockMockeyGuitars.com. Look into the '62 smooth grooves if you want something warm, with a healthy midrange, and check out the '59 Smooth Grooves if you want really vintage tones, with a brighter tone to them. I should record some clips with the pickups I got from him...
He gives a 10% discount to UG members, too.

As for the bridge pickup, like I said, with a Strat bridge humbucker, your intent is to fatten up the bridge position, you know? CorduroyEW (That's his UG username. Feel free to PM him) can probably make you a sweet Alnico 2 Warm Heritage humbucker, if you want to get everything from him...but I often like to recommend the Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom for Fat Strat use.

I really recommend his pickups, far better than the Duncan single coils I've used, and they're reasonably priced. Also better than any of the Fender pickups I've tried.
I'm a fan of...anyone's interpretation of the PAF.

Really, check out some pickup manufactures websites for soundclips, and definitally check out CorduroyEW's stuff.