Ok, so post pictures and list info on your heritage, post pictures, letters what ever about your family.

A great place to go ishttp://www.houseofnames.com/

My family are the Egertons (My Maternal Grandmother's side on her Paternal). We have strong ties in England that still hold to today. Some notable people on my family is:
Sir Francis Egerton (1800-1857), English 1st Earl of Ellesmere
* Sir Thomas Egerton (1540-1617), English lawyer
* Sir John Sutherland Egerton (1915-2000), 6th Duke of Sutherland
* Wilbraham Egerton (1832-1909), 1st Earl Egerton of Tatton, second Chairman of the Manchester Ship Canal from 1887 to 1894
* General David Egerton,
* Sir Phillip Egerton,
* Sir Seymour Egerton, Chairman of Coutts
* Steven Egerton, Diplomat
* Earl Francis Henry Egerton (1756-1829), 8th Earl of Bridgewater
* Earl John Egerton (1579-1649), 1st Earl of Bridgewater

Egerton is pure British and the coat of arms means "I trust in Virtue not Arms"

Rickman is my Dad's Dad's side and has ties in Germany.

Erwin is Scot and Irish. The motto means Fairly and Firmly.
I'm just a mongrel bastard with no way of tracking my family history. Although my grandfather used to farm pigs.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
im a mutt of like a dozen different european cultures. everyone of my grandparents, greats, and greats greats have come from a different place. so its cool. i got a little bit of everything.
Quote by Schnitzel_Man
I'm just a mongrel bastard with no way of tracking my family history. Although my grandfather used to farm pigs.

You live in Tasmania?
That's really cool
Quote by TSaxnBassist
im a mutt of like a dozen different european cultures. everyone of my grandparents, greats, and greats greats have come from a different place. so its cool. i got a little bit of everything.

That's awesome. I have some German, British, Irish, Scot, and I think a bit of Eastern Europe.
Quote by guitargod9208
You live in Tasmania?
That's really cool

It's a great place. Gotta watch out for the devils though, spinning all over the place and eating everything.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
100% British, from Essex, given land by William the Conqourer in return for help at the battle of Hastings, pretty cool, but I doubt the website is very accurate
Smith. I've seen too many family crests to know which one is right, but all my family is from England.

The father's side is Smith (who've been in America for a couple hundred years).

The mother's side is Stevens and Butterworths (the Butterworths came to America in the 1920s).

Father's side is made up of sharecroppers (who misspelled my grandmother's name on her birth certificate), plumbers, and watermen (possibly small-scale pirates).

Mother's side is mathematicians, teachers, linguists, sailors (US Navy), and professional musicians.

I don't I'm related to anyone particularly famous.
The medium is the message!
My name wasn't found on that website.

My great-great-grandparents (or whatever) were from England. Other than that, I have absolutely no idea.
I hail from mother Russia and since my last name isn't really a common one I don't really know anymore than that :/
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Website doesn't work for me.
I have two last names.
Berman, and Kleiner. Anyone willing to check for me ?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

This isn't my last name, but this is the original one before my great-great grandfather came over to America from Sweden and Ellis Island changed it.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
lol!

my whole family is of Polish decent.

It said my last name was German!

I'm slightly offended here
Quote by Kenster13
good idea. i remember i had to research my crest when i was in the 7th grade and i couldnt seem to find it. but now i did.

http://www.cassiopedia.org/wiki/images/d/dd/Herb_Brochowicz.jpg

its polish

Dude, wtf.

Where are you from?? Your Brochowicz looks almost like my Brochwicz!

Like, WTF? Are we related or something? :P
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Brown, Black and McCulloch. All very Scottish names really.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Macneil, Macdonald, Cameron, MacMillan. All Scottish from the highlands, and they're all drunken bastards too. Heritage can suck it, its nothing special.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.

Origin Displayed: Scottish

Where did the Scottish Carswell family come from? What is the Scottish coat of arms/family crest? When did the Carswell family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the history of the family name?

In the era before dictionaries, there were no rules governing the spelling or translation of names or any other words. Consequently, there are an enormous number of spelling variations in Medieval Scottish names. Carswell has appeared as Carswell, Cresswell, Carsewell, Cressville, Carswele, Kersewell, Cressewell and many more.

First found in Renfrewshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Rinn Friù, a historic county of Scotland, today encompassing the Council Areas of Renfrew, East Renfrewshire, and Iverclyde, in the Strathclyde region of southwestern Scotland, where they were seated from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.

EDIT-

or so the site says...

I don't know if it's info can be trusted
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Last edited by Carswell98 at Apr 18, 2008,
These websites are so wrong and full of crap.. but anyhow my last name is apparently Welsh.. and I can't post the image for some reason as it wont let me.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
These websites are so wrong and full of crap.. but anyhow my last name is apparently Welsh.. and I can't post the image for some reason as it wont let me.

that is what I'm thinking

I have a real coat pf arms at home, and it looks nothing like that piece of crap
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I don't have a family crest but I know -some- heritage...

My dad was adopted so that's a dead end, I know they had a welsh-sounding surname, so who knows.

My mum's family is half from Trondheim in Norway and half from Derbyshire in England, Derbyshire is where there was a huuuge viking settlement too, I don't really know much about the English side though.

I kid. For some reason wont let me find properties of Img.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by Schnitzel_Man

are you saying its possible you may be part pig?
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/