Hi all, well my problem is that i have to play Hearts On Fire - Hammerfall but i have a little problem, that song has a sweep and i dont have the time to learn it (i cant sweep) so i was thinking if theres a way to "mask" that sweep into.. i dunno a tapping or a alternate thingy.. plz help.. btw here is it the part of the sweep..

|-17p13----------13-17p13----22p17----------17-22p17----20p17---------------|
|------15----15-----------15-------18----18----------18-------18---------------------|
|---------14--------------------------19---------------------------------------------------|
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

thx in advance.

e|-17p13----------13-17p13----22p17----------17-22p17----20p17---------|
B|------15----15-----------15-------18----18----------18-------18--------------|
G|---------14--------------------------19--------------------------------------------|
D|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

i have no advice but that is better
song stuck in my head today

Last edited by lbc_sublime at Apr 17, 2008,
practice?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
well if you pick every note you will definitely not be able to play it as fast.
so practice sweeping, its a fun skill to learn anyways, although it can sometimes be frustrating
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
just hammer on the notes and mute the strings, it sounds cleaner and is more fun, at least for me :p

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

if you can string skip this is actually more fun, sort of like a paul gilbert string skip