Hey There... So I've been a Telecaster Enthusiast for quite some time now... I own a 72 Reissue Custom.

A friend of mine keeps mentioning 7string telecasters.. but I can't find anything on it.

From what i gathered from what he said, Stef Carpenter has one? :S

Anyway I thought i'd just ask the forum :P

Has anyone heard of these 7-string Telecasters?
I have heard of one. Sounds like a custom job.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Yep, it's Steph's...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The words "7 string" and "Telecaster" dont belong in the same sentence
Quote by demea

Oh they do fine. Tele's are killer guitars for anything, including metal and jazz. And whats to say he wasn't thinking of it as a jazz guitar, which is where the seven came from.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
heres a UK dealer who makes em

http://www.legraguitars.co.uk/db722.htm
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
wow that is Sexy ;O. yea.. teles are the definition of sex :P the 72 Custom sounds Amaaazing with an EMG in the bridge and a Bigsby... one hell of a guitar. I want the 7 string model as i'm already comfortable with the Tele... just hte 7 would be better for my jazz side.. along with the low Meshuggah xD thanks everyone.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
http://espguitars.com/images/gallery/07/stef-vintage-t.jpg

I want that sooooooooo bad. I'd love the idea of a 7 string tele.

It's alright, I like the finish but the EMGs put me right off.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

+1 Tele abuse
My *Core* gear:
Fender: American deluxe strat HSS
Fender: 65 Twin reverb RI
Ibanez: PUE5 Tube floor effects
Furmam: PF Pro R Power Factor
My gear runs silent until the onslaught
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

if push came to shove, couldn't you just replace with some passives?
a 7-string tele with EMG's? Now I've seen everything
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by zekk
Oh they do fine. Tele's are killer guitars for anything, including metal and jazz. And whats to say he wasn't thinking of it as a jazz guitar, which is where the seven came from.

Not even. 7 String guitars have been around for a long time. Actually, stuff like 8-10 have been around even longer with classical guitarists who merely wanted to extend their range to be able to play piano pieces.

The 10 string guitar is awesome. The guitarists rarely touched the extra 4. They were tuned for resonance, so that the guitar would get the same sympathetic vibrations as a piano (whenever you hit a key on a piano, the reason it sounds so thick is because of all of the strings ringing out lightly at once. Similarly on guitar when you strike one string all of them vibrate inaudibly)
That'd be a cool experience, but EMG's are a no dice IMO. It has to be as versatile as a normal tele, and the EMG's just turn it into a metalmachine and damn near nothing else, so that kind of destroys the purpose. Really cool idea though, I'd be down for trying one anyday.
yeah putting emgs on a tele would be utterly pointless
it would just turn what its great at doing bad and what its bad at doing great
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by RG_FANMAN
if push came to shove, couldn't you just replace with some passives?

No, for a start having something as expensive as EMGs and then switching them out is a bit silly in my opinion and secondly I can't think of any other pickups that come in that shape, 7-string EMGs aren't the same size as normal pickups.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It's probably an ESP with a Telecaster body.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by demea

unless "shouldnt be" is between them
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
Quote by Sonicxlover
It's probably an ESP with a Telecaster body.

It definitely is but no one said "fender tele" did they? Tele is just a body shape, it's not automatically a Fender.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Ultimate Devin Townsend guitar?

Actually, that's Stef Carpenters, but I could totally see Dev playing one. After all, he has this monsterous guitar that he uses in the Love video: http://espguitars.com/images/gallery/07/stef-white-v.jpg

It's gotta be a bit cumbersome onstage, no?

And to the person that said EMGs were expensive and would be pointless to rip out, EMGs are about 100, SD's cost aroud 75 bucks, DiMarzios range from 65 - 100, and there's even a few Gibson Pickups (which sould so-so in my opinion) in the 110 - 150 price range, so in my mind replacing them wouldn't be pointless. It makes as much sense as someone ripping out the Gibson pickups in a Les Paul (about 220 all together) and putting in a 130 dollar set of Seymour Duncans. That leaves only the size issue, which i do admit would leave a bit of a gap in the guitar, but it's not like it's gunna have a huge chunk out of it or anything.
Quote by acdclandon
yeah putting emgs on a tele would be utterly pointless
it would just turn what its great at doing bad and what its bad at doing great

Putting EMGs on any guitar is pointless. Don't tell me oooh but they are awesome at metal... There are loads of passive pups that are good at metal AND other stuff.

This is an INSANE concept... but all in alll that is preety cool.
I saw a video on Comcast on demand with Steph,
he's got a 7 string tele.
it's gorgeous.
I think he has an eight string too?
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.