Depends on what you are Playing. For More Metal tones, yes i would go with the ESP. Both are great instruments though. ESP is probobly a bit better Quality than the Faded V, although Faded series is still great.
ESP will give you more metal tone in general, i think trying them would be best..

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
You need a good amp, and perhaps a distortion pedal, to really get metal tones.

Oh, and ESP has the V series if you want that shape...the V-500 should embarrass the Faded.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Yeah I would look into getting a better amp first. That Bandit will just disgrace the ESP.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
just had an ex 400, most brutal guitar i've ever had, just went up to an m-1000 , but i miss the mahogany tone

people who say wood doesn't matter, obviously havn't played on different wood types.
dont try to stereotype crusties, its just a dumb move
Quote by mafropetee
Yeah I would look into getting a better amp first. That Bandit will just disgrace the ESP.

I am asking because I am trading the V for an ESP or other product on here and wanted opinions outside of the trading thread i put up to see what people thought. I dont have newhere enough money for a nice tube combo. I dont even have money to buy cigs til next week.
Quote by ravenrage07
I am asking because I am trading the V for an ESP or other product on here and wanted opinions outside of the trading thread i put up to see what people thought. I dont have newhere enough money for a nice tube combo. I dont even have money to buy cigs til next week.

Ah. Well in that case, definitely go for the EX-400. It's amazing. Or the V-500, if you like Vs. Or really any other guitar from the LTD 400 series or higher.
Quote by mafropetee
Ah. Well in that case, definitely go for the EX-400. It's amazing. Or the V-500, if you like Vs. Or really any other guitar from the LTD 400 series or higher.

How would the EMG's fare with my Bandit amp?
^ It'll sound rather harsh.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Yeah, EMGs aren't meant to be played on a solid state amp. They usually sound a bit worse than a lot of passive pickups on one. But in your situation, I would still go for it. It's not like it will sound terrible.
how about the Jackson DK2 with the rosewood fretboard and the HSS set up? Would that be good for metal and my amp? The pickups look AWESOME!
I would take a Jackson almost over any other metal guitar in the category, except for mine. My LTD 301 Viper is the most comfortable guitar I have ever, ever played. I changed the pickups in it pretty quick, but those were HZ's. And I have played both the EX400 BD and the Faded V, I think it would have to be a matter of opinion really.........ESP for me though.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by CarbonDeath
I would take a Jackson almost over any other metal guitar in the category, except for mine. My LTD 301 Viper is the most comfortable guitar I have ever, ever played. I changed the pickups in it pretty quick, but those were HZ's. And I have played both the EX400 BD and the Faded V, I think it would have to be a matter of opinion really.........ESP for me though.

Yeah jackson's are awesome. not my favorite guitar but awesome. I am more into BC rich for some reason because I became so acustomed to my custom warlock. I have put so many mods on that d*** thing it aint funny but its awesome! I know BC rich isnt the best brand out there but i want something thats for heavy metal.
I'm not a fan of the 400 series LTDs or lower. I would go Gibson, but that's just me. That and the EX series guitars are extremely ugly.

You could always go Jackson. Jacksons are great guitars.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I love how the EX guitars look. As soon as I start my job I'm picking up a EX 400.
Quote by ravenrage07
Would an ESP EX-400 be better for metal then a Gibson Faded V?

Your sig says you've already a Gibson flying V?
Quote by Dumpsterdan
just had an ex 400, most brutal guitar i've ever had, just went up to an m-1000 , but i miss the mahogany tone

people who say wood doesn't matter, obviously havn't played on different wood types.

or they have different pickups.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by joeymaxx
Your sig says you've already a Gibson flying V?

I was going to trade it on here for an EX-400
The ESP is the better guitar.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by ravenrage07
would an MH-400 be better then the EX-400?

An MH-400 is the next guitar I want to buy, so for me, yes it is.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by mafropetee
Yeah, EMGs aren't meant to be played on a solid state amp. They usually sound a bit worse than a lot of passive pickups on one. But in your situation, I would still go for it. It's not like it will sound terrible.

I disagree. I use EMG pickups through a Bandit and they sound great.
However I'd stick with the V. I played one a couple of times and I just love it. I much much prefer the pickups to my EMGs and they're great for metal too.
However I've only played the V through a Peavey JSX and a Mesa/Boogie Lonestar and I've yet to try proper EMGs through either of those.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by ravenrage07
would an MH-400 be better then the EX-400?

Spec wise, they are pretty similar. The MH has a set-thru neck, 25.5" scale, 24 frets and EMG-85 in the neck as opposed to the set neck, 24.75" scale, 22 frets, and EMG-60 in the neck, as found in the EX. And, of course, the MH has a locking trem. Both are great, and which one is better really boils down to preference. The EX has the 60 in the neck, which is more versatile than the 85 and can get a much better clean tone. The MH, however, will be amazing for solo work.