Im looking for a 15 watt or less (TUBE OF COURSE) amp, with high gain. I was looking at the orange tiny terror head, but id like to see the alternitives. Also it has to be able to handle pedals.

thanks
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
Peavey JSX Mini Colossal, Valveking Royal 8? The new blackheart amp that everyone raves about can do ii with a pedal although i haven't tried them yet.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
eh im not too hot about the mini colossal, seems really overpriced and just rubbish. the royal 8 and a polimino or however you spell them is another option too.
those are all for cleans tho right?
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
palomino v16 is probably my favorite 15 watt tube amp without going to boutiques and really expensive stuff. excellent amp
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

palomino is GREAT for cleans and can get VERY heavy with it's od but has everything in between. It also accepts pedals very well. If you can find one i would pick it up as they are discontinued. (ebay will always have them)
GEAR:
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Blackheart has a 15 watt model called the Handsome Devil that should be available in the US in under a month. The Blackhearts are reported to be well built, good sounding and even better with re-tubing and speaker upgrades. They're quite well-priced, too.
the only amp of those mentioned here that is a HIGH GAIN amp as Oblivian wanted, is the palomino v16
just bought the pro jr and i love it. only a volume and tone knob, so you def. need to pick up some nice pedals. it really has that vintage tube sound. very loud for 15w tube power.

perfect for basement/garage practicing. too loud for bedroom if people are sleeping or something..

for a little over $300 usd, it's totally worth it.
Hows the Gretsch G5222 Electromatic? Is the Palomino v16 good for jazz? And is the tone good at very very low volumes?/ Is there any way to reduce the volume yet get great tone (ex: using a power brake or any attentuators etc)?
Quote by Labibo
Can you use headphones with the palomino?

unfortunately no...

as for the sound:
The palomino v16 is great. It sounds great at low volumes and i am using it in my dorm so i really cant use a loud amp. i bought this amp just for my dorm situation because it works so well at low volumes. it has an excellent tube clean at low volumes and you can make it break up nicely at a volume that is not too high, but the gain is killer when you crank it. i am using the palomino for bluesy stuff on cleans, and all by itself it can get pretty high gain with the gain knob. im not entirely sure what a good jazz tone is because i dont play it so i cant say from experience, but i am MORE than confident that it can hit a beautiful jazz tone.
GEAR:
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

-Matt

Sláinte

I will pick one up on the bay.. Thanks
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd