ok so i just bought a Jackson JS30RR from my friends brother today and i got home and had to change all the strings. but whenever i get to the A string and the Low E string, when i try and tune them, all they do is buzz and dont make a sound at all like something is stuck or something like that. i also noticed that the things that hold the string in its place on the head are loose and jiggle around, so i tried tightening the knobs o nthe side but it didnt do anything. right now im convinced that i got ripped off and this guitar is a peice of ****but i really dont want to give it back because i like the guitar in general. so PLEASE IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO FIX THIS!?!?!?! am i not putting the strings on right?? HELP!!!
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
Take it to a shop?
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
Quote by blasphemus666
ok so i just bought a Jackson JS30RR from my friends brother today and i got home and had to change all the strings. but whenever i get to the A string and the Low E string, when i try and tune them, all they do is buzz and dont make a sound at all like something is stuck or something like that. i also noticed that the things that hold the string in its place on the head are loose and jiggle around, so i tried tightening the knobs o nthe side but it didnt do anything. right now im convinced that i got ripped off and this guitar is a peice of ****but i really dont want to give it back because i like the guitar in general. so PLEASE IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO FIX THIS!?!?!?! am i not putting the strings on right?? HELP!!!

Are you using an electronic tuner? You should. Keep cranking the pegs tighter until those strings stop buzzing, and you will bring them into tune. I hope I understood the problem.
why don't you call your friend's brother and ask him to help you set it up correctly.
yea i use the tuner but i justy bounces all over the place. it makes like 2 different sounds at the same time. like you know when you put the pick in between the strings when your not playing? if you strum it, it sounds like that
Quote by campbell92

!!PanterA!!

Quote by BigChief84
Does it have a Floyd Rose

no its just a regular bridge
Quote by campbell92

!!PanterA!!

Quote by blasphemus666
yea i use the tuner but i justy bounces all over the place. it makes like 2 different sounds at the same time. like you know when you put the pick in between the strings when your not playing? if you strum it, it sounds like that

Do the strings rattle around on the fretboard?
Welll then the only thing that I can say is call the dude tell him the guitar you bought is all messed up and ask if he can help you set it up or just take it to a shop like the first guy said