Yeah yeah yeah, I know what youre thinkin; Old senile man testing on hot dogs already equals bull**** cure.. But I have faith in this crazy old man for some reason. Take a look.

Video 1

Sorry if this is old or somethin I seem to always be the last one to know these things.

EDIT:

More info- Article on it

More indept video- Video 2

Article from Gizmodo- Article 2
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Last edited by yellowfrizbee at Apr 17, 2008,
is it just me or does this sound ridiculously dangerous?
I have no opinion on this matter.
I saw something on this recently, seems interesting, but there has to be some sort of flaw that they aren't expressing.
na i saw those videos the other day about the kanzius machine..it really looks legit..its amazing how somethin so simple could solve such a huge problem..i bet the drug companies or the man is gonna shut the guy down though
that does seem ridicuously dangerous. what about effects of your body later in life? there has to be a flaw.
Quote by Zugunruhe

Eh, I dunno, im no scientist but as long as they can get it to where only the cancer cells have the nanoparticles in them, then I think it would be harmless.

Read the article also im adding new info

Stepco's Master
Quote by Zugunruhe

So does cancer.
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Zugunruhe

Well space exploration was extremely dangerous but did that stop us, sure many die, but we can't let fear of death hold us back from scientific advances. I say we give this guy a chance, seriously all our regarded scientists were called crazy, we will never know unless we try.
its gunna turn everyone into evil zombie things that will take over the world and there will be one dude left in new york to find a cure....
oh look. ANOTHER cure for cancer

"Engineering" metal to target cancer cells will prove extremely hard to do. Cancer cells are pretty much normal cells without the ability to apoptose or cease reproduction, which is why it's very bloody difficult to target them.
I hope it works, cancer is a bitch

I lost my dad and grandpa to it
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Hes actually done successful tests on bunny rabbits and lab rats. I seriously think with a few years of applied science that this can be done with wonderful results.

Watch video 2 its got the whole low down.

Stepco's Master
does anyone remember "I am legend" ??

i swear, if i wake up and some lil zombie bitch is running thru my hallways, i am just gonna snap

cock n balls
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Hes actually done successful tests on bunny rabbits and lab rats. I seriously think with a few years of applied science that this can be done with wonderful results.

Watch video 2 its got the whole low down.

It'll take longer than a few years for anything like this to go through.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
oh look. ANOTHER cure for cancer

"Engineering" metal to target cancer cells will prove extremely hard to do. Cancer cells are pretty much normal cells without the ability to apoptose or cease reproduction, which is why it's very bloody difficult to target them.

Theyve already got a way to target them. Watch the ending (about 10 min in) of video 2.

Oh and as for the years, you know what I meant

Stepco's Master
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I would watch the video if it decided to work.

damn videos..

Stepco's Master
Off the top of my head, the only way I can think that they've targeted cancer cells is by coating the nanparticles with primers that are complimentary to a mutated DNA strand specific to the cancerous cells (since they all come from the one mutated stem cell (malignant cancers)). But that'd have to be done on a patient by patient basis, which could be extremely costly.

But if they've found another way, fantastic. I just don't see this being the way we cure cancer.

EDIT: Actually, that would require heating the cancer cells up by quite a bit.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Apr 17, 2008,
Quote by SoftParade1967
that does seem ridicuously dangerous. what about effects of your body later in life? there has to be a flaw.
Ever see I Am Legend?
Quote by schecter_guy
i don't think they'll ever cure cancer, it's just a part of life.

Well, cancer is always going to exist, by it's very nature. Too many things can cause cancer in order to prevent it from happening. And if you removed carcinogens, there's always random mutations to f*ck things up.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Off the top of my head, the only way I can think that they've targeted cancer cells is by coating the nanparticles with primers that are complimentary to a mutated DNA strand specific to the cancerous cells (since they all come from the one mutated stem cell (malignant cancers)). But that'd have to be done on a patient by patient basis, which could be extremely costly.

But if they've found another way, fantastic. I just don't see this being the way we cure cancer.

EDIT: Actually, that would require heating the cancer cells up by quite a bit.

aww, you guys are such pessimists !

lol god I wish you could watch the vid ...Id tell you what they said but im afraid Im too dumb to interpret clearly what he said back to you. But supposedly it can even target undetected cancer cells and attach nanoparticles to them.

Stepco's Master
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Well, what I gather is that it's only currently effective against benign tumours at the moment... which in a fair few cases can be removed surgically anyway.

leave me and my optimistic bubble of false security alone!

Stepco's Master