I know there is plenty of threads but the info is scattered, so if you have the patience for another thread, please have a look see. I emailed tubedepot.com to get some advice on which tubes would be best for my taste. I told them that i had a ValveKing 212 and desired a sound of modern metal such as that in All Shall Perish or As I Lay Dying. I'm pretty set on keeping the ValveKing so considering another amp is not very probable. Shortly after i got a reply. They recommended the Electro Harmonix brand for heavier tones, SED's for power tubes, and also stated the new Tung-Sol brand was nice as well. I was wondering if any fellow musician with experience could confirm these statements. If correct, i would like advice on which specific tubes to get since there are many, many to choose from. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. I'm also looking to replace the stock speakers so suggestions on that would be welcome as well. Thanks!
Equipment:-----------------------------------------------------

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
ValveKing 112
Boss MT-2
TS9DX

Future Purchases:-------------------------------------------

ESP LTD MH-400NT
Tube and speaker upgrades for VK
Peavey anything = JJ's.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by IbanezPsycho
From what i heard JJ's are Tung Sol's are the best picks for these amps...

I've got a Tung Sol coming... Should be here tomorrow... Ill let ya know..

Yea awsome let me know. There is a huge selection of JJ's. Which ones would be what im looking for? I had no clue there were so many tubes to choose from.

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
ValveKing 112
Boss MT-2
TS9DX

ESP LTD MH-400NT
The website also offers options such as High Gain (+$2.00), Low Noise and Microphonics (+$4.00)

Would any of that be worth it?

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
ValveKing 112
Boss MT-2
TS9DX

ESP LTD MH-400NT
Posted this kinda late last night. Maybe i can get some more feedback now

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
ValveKing 112
Boss MT-2
TS9DX

ESP LTD MH-400NT
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I upgraded the speaker on my VK to a vintage 30, and I've just put up some sound clips on my profile of various styles. All my clips are with the new speaker. Also, let me tell you, it sounds way better in real life.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/bartdevil_metal/

After hearing that i deffiently know something is wrong with my valveking.. Great clips by the way....
The high gain versions of the jjs dont actually give you more gain. They just handle it better. But new tubes = jjs and tung-sols. And vintage 30s are good but id also check out the eminence speakers. Very nice. Theres also other great celestion speakers like the g12t-75 and i think the gt-100 or so?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I upgraded the speaker on my VK to a vintage 30, and I've just put up some sound clips on my profile of various styles. All my clips are with the new speaker. Also, let me tell you, it sounds way better in real life.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/bartdevil_metal/

Wow those clips sound good. What exact tubes and speakers do you have?

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
ValveKing 112
Boss MT-2
TS9DX

ESP LTD MH-400NT
Tubes are stock, speaker is a celestion vintage 30.

And TY IbanezPsycho, tell me, what is wrong with your amp?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Tubes are stock, speaker is a celestion vintage 30.

And TY IbanezPsycho, tell me, what is wrong with your amp?

Seriously those were some very good clips, made me want to keep my valveking around if i can fix the issue..

And heres my issue...
I was finally able to get a good tone out of the amp. But its to muddy it almost seems like there is to much gain but even when the gain is lowered its still muddy. If you listen to mywhole lotta riffs clip you can hear it. Chords jumble together and theres no clarity. I Usually have to do alot of left and right hand muting to even get notes and chords to sound spaced apart and correct. My gain is usually between 4 and 5 im using the low gain input as well.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Seriously those were some very good clips, made me want to keep my valveking around if i can fix the issue..

And heres my issue...
I was finally able to get a good tone out of the amp. But its to muddy it almost seems like there is to much gain but even when the gain is lowered its still muddy. If you listen to mywhole lotta riffs clip you can hear it. Chords jumble together and theres no clarity. I Usually have to do alot of left and right hand muting to even get notes and chords to sound spaced apart and correct. My gain is usually between 4 and 5 im using the low gain input as well.

Disregard half of what I posted in your thread then

Try these EQ settings:

B:10, M:0, T:5

**flameshield up, I'm just testing it out..**