Ok guys. I need your help on being able to distinguish the different intervals by ear. I find that easy recognizable songs are the best way to go. For example, when I hear a perfect fourth, I relate it to "amazing grace." What are some other simple songs that I can use for interval training?
If I remember correctly, the jingle for NBC network contains a major sixth on the notes from the letters "N" to "B". The notes were D to B, I believe. It ended going down a third, so if memory serves correctly the jingle went D B G.
Take vocal classes(i'd prefer eastern). It helps.
Or just keep playing a scale and keep singing with the tone. N remember, slow n steady. N dont go too high, or u'd not be able to speak the next day. You can play from the Cmaj one octave(starting third fret fifth string). Just sing along the scales, the notes really build up in your mind.
And yeah, remember! taking a song as an example is not a very good way to learn intervals. No offence though.
Quote by sbikram
And yeah, remember! taking a song as an example is not a very good way to learn intervals. No offence though.

On the contrary, it's an excellent way to learn intervals - it always helps to see something in context.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by sbikram

No offence but that is totally wrong.
I learned to really hear the C-chord after my first piano lesson which was playing John Lennon - Imagine.
Quote by LazySandman
f

the time has come (lol, get it?)

Gabel istheshit!
(But I is moar shitz!)
Quote by FarQueueMods
No offence but that is totally wrong.

none taken. i dont know man. Maybe you're right. I just sang along with the guitar for intervals. So i've no idea about taking a song for learning intervals.
Quote by Cookiebar
I learned to really hear the C-chord after my first piano lesson which was playing John Lennon - Imagine.

i can only find out if the chord is a major, minor, maj7th, 7th, sus, blablabla by hearin. I cannot say 'It's a Cmaj!' just by hearing. For that C chord, i need a guitar.
Well, the first two notes in the flintstones are a fifth.

The first two bass notes in Dazed and confused are a minor tenth. Etc Etc. Just gotta find a memorable song with the interval.