ok, not sure whats wrong here..or even if theres anyting wrong at all...i play a les paul with humbuckers obv...im pretty sure theres nothing wrong with the pickups (there taken from a gibson) but if i play the low e and let it ring then try to play other notes it just sounds like a mess and the low e drowns out the other notes...could possible be amp?
line 6 spider 2...? i know its a **** amp..but surely it cant be so bad that it messes up that badly?
If you salvaged the pickups from another amp, they may have been really old. Maybe time for a new pickup change? I don't think it's the amp if you're having trouble with the volume level (unless your amp completely sucks dick). I have to say to get new pickups. If you don't know someone who can do it for you, most guitar stores that sell pickups will offer installation for an added fee.
Quote by wolfy808
If you salvaged the pickups from another amp, they may have been really old. Maybe time for a new pickup change? I don't think it's the amp if you're having trouble with the volume level (unless your amp completely sucks dick). I have to say to get new pickups. If you don't know someone who can do it for you, most guitar stores that sell pickups will offer installation for an added fee.

"From another amp" ? =D
Quote by Punk2Guitar
"From another amp" ? =D

Dammit! Sorry I'm pretty tired. What i meant to say was "From another Guitar"
ok so ive deduced that its deffinatley not the guitar...just tryed it with my mates guitar... however, it seems to clear a little bit when the volume is very low on the guitar....
im thinking its the ****ty amp...i know spiders are renound for being wank... anyone else had similar problems or heard of any? :S
If your low E is drowning the other strings, you could always try taking a screwdriver/allen key and lowering the screw under the E string. This will result in less signal getting through, which may help on your amp, though Line 6 Spiders are, as you put it, 'renound for being wank.' Adjusting the polepiece may help you in the short term (and it's easy to restore) but a new amp may help more.

Rob

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000