After I buy my bugera 333xl and a 2x12 with celestions these are some purchases I would like to make. Now I would be buying these from american ebay and shipping them over here.

MXR GT OD - $100
Zakk Wylde Wah - $120
MXR 10 band EQ - $120
Rocktron Hush - $70

+ $38 shipping
$448 american
Converts to: $477 Australian.
I would save about $300+ buying them this way.

So what do you think ?
I want a wah, eq, od and a noise gate.
Any thing I should change ?

If the ISP decimator totally destorys the hush then I guess I could get it but it's alot to spend on a noise gate especially when the amp already has one built in.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Ok, I tried the Zakk Wylde wah, but ended up buying the Weeping Demon instead, found it to be more versatile, and may be albe to get it cheap locally.

Other items are personal choice, depends what you can find here in Oz as opposed to shipping from overseas.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Did you read the first post... I'm shipping it over here from an online ebay store in America.
Yeah I've heard good things about the weeping demon although theres only 2 or 3 places willing to post to Australia and if I buy it all from the same place its only 1 shipping charge. A weeping demon over here retails for $315 I think.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Might want to update your sig to say 33xl instead of 6262.

You should look into a Delay as well. Always good for adding depth to cleans and solo's Good for almost anything really.
My best advice is try them out on the Bugera before committing to purchasing them. I personally like the Bad Horsie wah because they're excellent live because of its 'always on' kind of design.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by howey
Did you read the first post... I'm shipping it over here from an online ebay store in America.
Yeah I've heard good things about the weeping demon although theres only 2 or 3 places willing to post to Australia and if I buy it all from the same place its only 1 shipping charge. A weeping demon over here retails for $315 I think.

Yes, I do believe I read your first post,,

Bought my Weeping Demon for much less than that locally, purchased it for about the same price for the Zakk Wylde.

How long are you looking before you purchase these items? Exchange rates may change substantially during now and when you purchase, keep that in mind when looking at overseas prices.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Last edited by Perturabo at Apr 18, 2008,
I LOVE Michael Ammott's wah tone.
Does anyone know what he uses ?
Michael Amott is from Arch Enemy and Carcass btw.

and to the guy above:
Dude no way! I don't think you could find a brand new weeping demon for $120 in Australia.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Last edited by howey at Apr 18, 2008,
Quote by howey
I LOVE Michael Ammott's wah tone.
Does anyone know what he uses ?
Michael Amott is from Arch Enemy and Carcass btw.

and to the guy above:
Dude no way! I don't think you could find a brand new weeping demon for $120 in Australia.

Michael uses a Jim Dunlop Custom Rack Wah "DCR-2SR" as seen here
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Damn
I don't think I'll get anywhere near affording that.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
So what do you guys think of my selections ?
Is there anything I should change up?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
The Ultimate Wah Thread (which is full of great Wah info) says the ZW Wah is one of the worst on the market. I own the ISP Decimator, and I can vouche for how sweet it is, but I haven't tried the Hush. Other OD suggestions would be the MXR ZW-44 or a Ibanez Tubescreamer.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
i heard the zakk wylde OD is really noisey and .. well shiit id look into something else im in aus and i just just kept checking ebay for OD's in aus and i picked up a keeley modded tubescreamer for $90
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

oh crap sorry got mixed up you wanted the wah not the OD my bad
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by angusslashdime
i heard the zakk wylde OD is really noisey and .. well shiit id look into something else im in aus and i just just kept checking ebay for OD's in aus and i picked up a keeley modded tubescreamer for $90

Keeley modded TS for only $90!
**** thats good.
I have been looking on there for the past few weeks and the cheapest modded ts (not ts7) went for like $130+.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD