Boss BF-3

TUrboflange

My music shop is haveing a "rummage sale" and they have a boss bf3 flanger for $100. Should i get that or just get a digitech turbo flange off of ebay for $40-$50?

Or should i just buy a boss loopstation pedal for 150? (from my music shop)

edit: or should i just get a Danelectro flanger?
Last edited by bboyjon at Apr 18, 2008,
depends if you REALLY want or have use for a flanger. I have the BF-3, its a cool pedal, i'm sure you know what it does, it has a very dramatic flange tone. the Ultra flange sounds like a space station landing !

loopers are cool though, great practice aid for working on ideas. stay away from Danelectro !
I recommend the Boss. It's a powerful flanger and it can work in stereo too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
BF-3 is cool, but you can get them used on ebay for around $60 or less sometimes.

I've had that, the BF-2, and various other flangers and almost never used them except for like one song here and there. I'd rather had a good, versatile phaser. With a good phaser, you can get very chorus-like sounds, as well as phaser sounds and some wilder phaser sounds that - to me - sound better and have more character than a straight flanger sound.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Also, digitech's are cheap to me, not built as strong and cheap sounding, though some people like them.

Loopstation is a pointless toy you'll tired of soon, don't bother.

Danelectro anything sucks.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
I have a DE fab distortion and i like it, especially the fact that it was 15 bucks :/

The flanger just seems like it would be more fun. They have the boss phaser for about 70 should i just get that?