Poll: Which one is cooler?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one is cooler?
Benjamin Franklin
14 52%
King Tut
13 48%
Voters: 27.
my friend and i are bored and being lame and want to know which is better..

she is related to benjamin franklin (invented electricity back in the day), and im related to king tut (king of Egypt back, back in the day).

so i ask you pit, which do you think is cooler?
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Last edited by talia. at Apr 18, 2008,
you are not related to king tut. :-\
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Ben Franklin. He invented daylight savings time, bifocals, and a stove. And he loved to get drunk (He once said, "Beer is proof that God exists and loves us"). He was never president though. He did make large contributions to the constitution and got France to help us during the revolution.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Last edited by civildp1 at Apr 18, 2008,
Quote by talia.
my friend and i are bored and being lame and want to know which is better..

she is related to benjamin franklin (president of USA back in the day), and im related to king tut (king of Egypt back, back in the day).

so i ask you pit, which do you think is cooler?

DILLIGAF?!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by dannyniceboy

how do you know?
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by 24fRETSoFfURY
Tut, no contest really.

How do you figure that? As far as I can tell, Tut was just a little bitch teenage king that had lots of treasure. He was the Hannah Montana of his time.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
First, Benjamin Franklin was never President of the US.

Second, he's definitely cooler than King Tut. We don't really know what Tut did. Its more his tomb that's famous rather than he is.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
franklin was president...but not under our current constitution....so it doesn't technically count...he was an amazing intellectual and womanizer...king tut was a kid born into wealth, that died young and was buried with a bunch of gold and possesions...so i think i'd rather be related to franklin then some rich spoiled ass kid
'To be positive at all times is to ignore all that is important, sacred or valuable. To be negative at all times is to be threatened by ridiculousness and instant discredibility.'
-Kurt Cobain
frankie all the way. king tut didnt do ****. if you were related to howard carter, however, i might have to change my mind. he was one badassmaw****a
and how do you know your a direct descendent of king tut...there aren't too many records that are still around from 1300 BC?
'To be positive at all times is to ignore all that is important, sacred or valuable. To be negative at all times is to be threatened by ridiculousness and instant discredibility.'
-Kurt Cobain
Quote by imtank
franklin was president...but not under our current constitution....so it doesn't technically count

Nope, he never served as President of the United States under the Constitution, Articles of Confederation or otherwise. He was in France until 1785 and then was elected as President of Pennsylvania, which was the equivalent of Governor.

He was however the only guy to sign four of the major documents of the founding of the United States: the Declaration of Independence, the Treaty of Paris, the Treaty of Alliance with France, and the United States Constitution.

History Major. Woot.
Neither. Post another thread if you discover your relation to Ron Jeremy or David Hasselhoff or something.

Woot.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
shut me the **** up...who was the "first president"....randolph...i forget the first name...or hancock...or someone completely diffrent.... i cant remember
-Kurt Cobain
no one says he invented electricity...except for TS
-Kurt Cobain
Quote by Leonheart
How can someone "invent electricity"? lol.

he's got a point
Tut? Reminds me of fat, balding, southern hillbillies growling about Egypt. That's pure win. \m/
As far as I'm aware King Tut's children all were either stillbirth or miscarried.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by imtank
shut me the **** up...who was the "first president"....randolph...i forget the first name...or hancock...or someone completely diffrent.... i cant remember

well there wasn't an executive branch under the articles of confederation, so there wasn't ever a president of the country in the current sense under the constitution passed and Washington was elected. There were several presidents of the congress. Hancock was one of them, . Here's a list from wiki. I've never heard of most of these guys, notice that most only served a few months.

* Samuel Huntington (March 1, 1781 – July 9, 1781)
* Thomas McKean (July 10, 1781 – November 4, 1781)
* John Hanson (November 5, 1781 – November 3, 1782)
* Elias Boudinot (November 4, 1782 – November 2, 1783)
* Thomas Mifflin (November 3, 1783 – October 31, 1784)
* Richard Henry Lee (November 30, 1784 – November 6, 1785)
* John Hancock (November 23, 1785 – May 29, 1786)
* Nathaniel Gorham (June 6, 1786 – November 5, 1786)
* Arthur St. Clair (February 2, 1787 – November 4, 1787)
* Cyrus Griffin (January 22, 1788 – November 2, 1788)

Oh also, Randolf served as president of the first continental congress, but I'm not counting that because we were still under British rule at the time.

To TS, sorry for turning this into US history lesson.
Last edited by civildp1 at Apr 18, 2008,
Quote by dannyniceboy

Do you have any idea how many concubines and as a result, children that pharoh had? Half of the current population of africa is probably a relative of his.

He only had something like 10 legitimate children i think. So its not totally un-plausable that he is a decendant
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
As far as I'm aware King Tut's children all were either stillbirth or miscarried.

It is probably something like King tut's cousins daughters nephews brothers uncles granpas sister.

To the guy above, it's very highly unlikely that half the population of Africa is related to king tut. And there is no way you can track back your ancestry that far to one single person.

For all I know I could be related to.... (thinks of famous mexican from past times).... Ehhh sucks to be mexican :-(
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Last edited by dannyniceboy at Apr 18, 2008,