Well there are always lots of threads about neck bending and will "x" gauge strings bend the neck.

So to remove some clutter im gonna make this thread, post anything about neck bending here.

P.S if this has been done before i apoligize search bar came up with nothing or if its not such a good idea tell me an ill delete
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
IMO, neck bending is generally a bad idea.

refering to neck bowing (something completely different) yeah heavy strings do that, just adjust the truss rod.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It may be bad for the guitar but Pete Townshend and I agree that it can be good for the music especially if you find yourself sans whammy bar
Slight bend is a good thing!

I wouldnt want a totaly straight neck as it hinders some of the tone and sustain of the guitar.
So I use 11's on my Ibanez tuned to standard. Yeah, and it's a cheap starter Ibanez so my dad (plays guitar) feels it could possibly bend the neck. Opinions?
I don't like sigs.
Alright well I might as well ask this here right now considering I wanna make sure. But I got a Jackson RR5 Rhoads, which set me back quite a bit on cash, so I take extra care of it. But lately I've been tuning down 2-2 and a half steps at the most, with gauge 9-42 strings at the moment. Now that probably sounds crazy, and they are pretty loose in those tunings, but it's comfortable and really easy to play like that..now my question is, is it bad for my guitar? Will it bend the neck in any way? Should I go back to using 10-50's?
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
IMO, neck bending is generally a bad idea.

refering to neck bowing (something completely different) yeah heavy strings do that, just adjust the truss rod.

would the neck return to 'normal' if you swap out heavy strings for lighter ones? i cant seem to get any of my allen keys into the truss rod
Quote by !~SlasH~
Alright well I might as well ask this here right now considering I wanna make sure. But I got a Jackson RR5 Rhoads, which set me back quite a bit on cash, so I take extra care of it. But lately I've been tuning down 2-2 and a half steps at the most, with gauge 9-42 strings at the moment. Now that probably sounds crazy, and they are pretty loose in those tunings, but it's comfortable and really easy to play like that..now my question is, is it bad for my guitar? Will it bend the neck in any way? Should I go back to using 10-50's?

Check and make sure the neck isn't bowed; if it is, then adjust the truss rod JUST A LITTLE, personally, I'd use thivker strings, it seems to me the strings would just be flopping around.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Id bump up the string gauge to 11-52 if your tuning down to that level

That should be about the right tension for the neck and everything to remain the same playability wise.