I did some reading online and I think I have one.
Quote by max355
Hating the 49rs is like hating the retarded kid in class.

The Cowboys, weed, and bass. My three loves
i spent 12 months on antibiotics because of one. If you feel that thats serious, then yes a staph infection is serious.
I had this bump growing above my weiner in the pube area, and it kept getting big. So anyways I rushed to the local doctor and got checked for STD's but it turned out to be a staph infection. Anywho I got a week of anti-biotics then it adventually went away. If you are wondering how I got one down their, it was prob from shaving my pubes with an old razor.

Also do realize their are many different levels and severnesses of them. At one of the local highschools then kind that makes you really sick was going around. Prob spread by weight room equipment because it was in all the atheletes.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
depends, it seriousness can range from mild to lethal, get it checked out by a doctor.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
what the hell is a staph infection?
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
These posts are too long. Just do some drugs
My brother had what seemed to be a mild acne sore on his chin. By the next morning it swelled up a good 50 times larger and he looked like a ****ing monster. If you think you have staph, get the **** checked out.
“You know that I don't fucking care if I live or die.”
Quote by bloodshed344
2% fatality rate.

is that treated or untreated? I'm pretty sure the fatality rate for an untreated staph infection is higher than that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
most of the time its nothing. easily treated and you should be on drugs for avery long time to get rid of it. But yeah, sometimes it can get really really bad.
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
They can be deadly. Depends on which staph you think you have. Golden staph for example, doesn't respond to anti-biotics, which makes it pretty dangerous, but I know that most are pretty damn serious.
i find it amusing that we are discussing such a thing on ultimate-guitar

but in relation to the problem, i agree with everyone else about the severity of such an infection
...yes, its a friggin blood infection
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by LeviW
My brother had what seemed to be a mild acne sore on his chin. By the next morning it swelled up a good 50 times larger and he looked like a ****ing monster. If you think you have staph, get the **** checked out.

That is EXACTLY what mine is like. I thought it was a spider bite at first. Our campus doctor gave me antibiotics this morning and told me to come back friday morning. If it wasn't better he said he was gonna lance it.

EDIT: He said he thought it was MSRA which is methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Quote by max355
Hating the 49rs is like hating the retarded kid in class.

The Cowboys, weed, and bass. My three loves
Last edited by ZachisSuperCool at Apr 18, 2008,
they can be very serious, go to hospital if you're concerned. the pit is not a good place to ask for medical advice.
from daylight...
...into darkness