hey all

ok i have come to ask... i just purchased an emg 81 85 p'up set to put into my epiphone sg and i have just come to ask... would it be a wise decision to try and install them myself even though i have no experience in this area or would i be safe to get someone else install them for me? thanks in advance

-bryton
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
you might want to practice putting in pickups and wiring and all that on a cheap starter guitar or something.
if you dont really know what to do then take it to a shop, dont risk your main guitar
Send me off to bed forevermore.
You probably could do it if you know a little about soldering/electronics, otherwise have someone else.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
active pick ups with no prior experience?? You Better Get help!!.....you do know that you will also need to add a 9 volt battery, right??
Quote by piecies_81
active pick ups with no prior experience?? You Better Get help!!.....you do know that you will also need to add a 9 volt battery, right??

yeah of course lol

Quote by chll

about active pickups..... do you need to change the battery once every while too?
I did my 81 85 with no help and no experience. just follow the directions and don't let the solder hit your guitar.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
Quote by MPM12
about active pickups..... do you need to change the battery once every while too?

yes lol..

Quote by chll

lol I knew that of course. But how do you do it? remove all the strings and open the humbucker from above?

And how long do those batteries last?
yeah i would get it done my someone who knows wha tthey are doing. won;t cost too much and once its done you don't have to worry about it.