Page 1 of 2
Ok Vista's **** and i want Xp
My new pc didnt come with a Boot Cd for some reason...
Its an Acer Aspire Desktop
disk partition+XP+delete Vista?

theres people who know these things on the internet somewhere. go ask them.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Why exactly is Vista ****?
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Install a blank hard drive and boot using a Windows XP cd.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
Quote by Sirnogbert

small hard drive. and by hard drive i mean penis.
Quote by Sirnogbert

Its really not if you have all Teh_Updates and such.. I dont know why people complain, unless the computer isnt quite good enough which would result in lag... And for all those people that say "Vista is shit, my games wouldnt work" you are all tosspots, because i have played all my games on vista with no problems at all...

But, just aquire a windoes XP disk and whack it in and install... You will need passwords and keys and such for vista though..
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Quote by Zugunruhe
small hard drive. and by hard drive i mean penis.

You do realise your hard drive will be the same size if you get XP? Unless of course you just said that to make the penis joke, in which case Touché

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Best way is to take it to a computer store, have the hard drive formatted, and have XP put in.
Quote by Teh_Asian_Pro
Its really not if you have all Teh_Updates and such.. I dont know why people complain, unless the computer isnt quite good enough which would result in lag... And for all those people that say "Vista is shit, my games wouldnt work" you are all tosspots, because i have played all my games on vista with no problems at all...

But, just aquire a windoes XP disk and whack it in and install... You will need passwords and keys and such for vista though..

I haven't even manually gotten any of the updates for Vista ( SP1 i think I heard some people raving about ) and I've had no problems with it. Overall a very stable OS, kicks the arse right out of XP.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Quote by Sirnogbert
You do realise your hard drive will be the same size if you get XP? Unless of course you just said that to make the penis joke, in which case Touché
no, i mean that vista takes up more room on the disk and more processing power. i have vista, and it runs fine, but if you have a **** computer, youre going to have a **** time with vista. the penis jokes are just an added benefit.
fuk 500gig hard drive 2 gig ram some Geforce graphic all i fukin want is Xp there is no lagg u dumb ****s
(jesus does not swear)
Quote by Zugunruhe
no, i mean that vista takes up more room on the disk and more processing power. i have vista, and it runs fine, but if you have a **** computer, youre going to have a **** time with vista. the penis jokes are just an added benefit.

Well that's more manufacturers faults for supplying Vista without the option for XP on computers that might not be able to handle it. Dirty bastards.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Quote by Jesusloves
fuk 500gig hard drive 2 gig ram some Geforce graphic all i fukin want is Xp there is no lagg u dumb ****s
(jesus does not swear)

So your computer can handle Vista and you still want XP? I believe it is you who is the dumb ****.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Quote by Jesusloves
(jesus does not swear)
did you buy yourself an XP disk? try putting it in...

of course, how could legally buying a product put the major corporations in their place?
Correction: Vista is awesome, but your computer is ****.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
Quote by Jesusloves
i hate vista is just gay

Care to explain why? I'm not trying to get at you or anything, I just want to know why so many popel hate Vista when i've had no problems with it.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Quote by Godzillolz
Correction: Vista is awesome, but your computer is ****.

shhh.... youll hurt his pride.

if you bought the disk of XP, im sure it would come with installation directions.
Quote by Sirnogbert
Care to explain why? I'm not trying to get at you or anything, I just want to know why so many popel hate Vista when i've had no problems with it.

eats up teh ramz (i have 2gig ram) and i cant play teh counter strike source without teh lagg(500gig hardrive with Geforce)
CS works fine on my pc.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
quit being so paranoid.

Quote by Sirnogbert

+1
I use it a love it, no complaints at all...and I need a fast running PC for audio and video work...

I run an acer aspire T180
2.20GHz AMD processor
2BG cheap slow RAM
single 120GB HD
gForce 8600GT

No complaints from me except when I add a lot of FX to my videos...that starts to get to it because it will get to most PCs...I just need a processor upgrade really.

Most PCs running a modern DC processor and 2GB ram should have no problem at all.
Sounds to me like you just need a graphics card. I can play counterstrike on my laptop (Aspire 5570Z all stock) and my desktop...no problem, although I can see it being a problem if my desktop didn't have any external graphics card.

You can get the 8600GT for $100 these days, well worth the price.
Last edited by moody07747 at Apr 18, 2008,
Quote by Jesusloves
eats up teh ramz (i have 2gig ram) and i cant play teh counter strike source without teh lagg(500gig hardrive with Geforce)

My hard drive is nowhere near as big as 500 gig, and i've got 2 gig RAM. Never had any problems playing anything. I suggest you just bet a better graphics card.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

I have no problems with Vista, I just think people hate change. I don't know if people can remember, but this is the same thing that happened when XP came out.
Quote by ckellingc
puffycow, you rock

Quote by Krieg Commando
Puffycow, you've got mojo

touch me
Quote by Jesusloves

I think you'll find the way that Vista manages RAM is about 1,000x more efficient than XP. It doesn't eat it up, it appropriates it and releases it as and when a program makes a call for it.

What's the point in having RAM if it's not being used?
Quote by puffycow
I have no problems with Vista, I just think people hate change. I don't know if people can remember, but this is the same thing that happened when XP came out.

There will always be people ready to bash Microsoft for whatever they do, mostly without actually using the software they are bashing.

Interestingly enough, Vista and Windows Server 2008 are identical operating systems just Vista has the GUI enhancementsand WS2008 doesn't by default. WS2008 gets rave reviews, people are even using it as a desktop operating system, yet Vista is taking the flak even though it's the same product.
Quote by Jesusloves
i hate vista is just gay

I was not aware inanimate objects could be homosexual. This is a major scientific breakthrough.
Rofl, I've been running Vista on a 2gHz, 512mb RAM, 120gb hdd laptop (read: A PIECE OF SHIT) for 6 months without any complaints.

Then again I'm no gamer, just playing PES and such.

Photoshop CS2 works just fine.
Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Apr 18, 2008,
Vista is just as good as XP is when fully updated but needs a higher spec'd machine (to run well).
Although that does beg the question: What's the point?
Quote by ChrisN
Vista is just as good as XP is when fully updated but needs a higher spec'd machine (to run well).
Although that does beg the question: What's the point?

Security?
Neither has any particularly huge advantage over the other security-wise tbh; both have their strong and weak points.
Guess we'll see what happens when the final release of XP SP3 arrives.
Quote by anewhope
Security?

This. And stability.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Vista is more secure than XP as of now, if I'm not mistaken. It will also continue to become more secure as Vista has updates and XP will quit (I think they already did quit releasing them?)
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Quote by Jesusloves

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000688.html

And size of your harddrive has nothign to do with performance. Just because you have a Geforce graphics card doesn't mean it'll run everything well. There can be any number of reasons why CS is lagging, but Vista is an unlikely cause.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by ChrisN
Neither has any particularly huge advantage over the other security-wise tbh; both have their strong and weak points.
Guess we'll see what happens when the final release of XP SP3 arrives.

Did you miss the part where Microsoft redesigned the way that Windows handles application privilages, implimented Secure Desktop, UAC and Sandboxed IE to make Windows Vista secure in comparison to the inherintly poor design of XP?

Not to mention by doing this, forcing software developers to actually rework their programs so that they don't require full administrator privilages across the system, as they do in XP?
This is just a "Vista is gay" vs "Vistas cool" thread now...
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
quit being so paranoid.

Page 1 of 2