Dunlop Crybaby Wah
it all depends on your style...
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
I just put some new Ernie Balls and they were nice
They are special drop D strings(i use drop d a lot) and you could even do B in them if you wanted. They have much thicker low strings to account for low tunings. There the best stings ive had. The measurements are like .54-.12 i think
as lazlow said,its down to your own preference.the best thing to do is try out different makes and guages until you find ones that feel best to you.
i like D'addario, and i get the same strings all the time, 11-52, but that's because they suit my style best. Others i've used i like are Rotosound, Dunlop, and I use Gibson Britewires for my Epiphone 335 Superdot cause i love their tone. the only way you find out is trial and error ! a rule in thumb though is the higher the gauge, the more presence you'll have in your tone, so try and play to the highest gauge comfortable to you. you shouldnt have to fight the strings, they should feel comfortable to play with.
If there was one best brand of strings then there wouldnt need to be so many brands to chose from at the store. Your just going to need to do your own string quest like we all did at one time or another.
after using Elixers i will never use a different type of strings!
Quote by troy88

Well, that's tragic. What if your needs change in the future? Or what if terrorists bomb the Elixir factory? What if the world economy stops, everything shuts down, and guitar players are forced to make their own strings out of braided twigs? Never say never, you never know what's going to happen.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Its a matter of personal preferance

I myself am a DR devotee. I used D'adarios and Ernie Ball's for a while, than i got hooked on these things. But I would change back provided what kendall said
I've used MANY brands of strings. I've been playing/gigging/recording for many years.

My opinion is that there really is very little to no difference in strings when you compare the same string type between brands. I've played the cheapest to the most expensive strings.

I know some folks will say one brand lasts longer than others, but with the frequency with which I play/change strings..... that means nothing to me. I go through 3-4 sets of strings a month minimum.

I think strings can tend to lend themselves to a placebo effect. When you spend a lot of money on a set you WANT them to be better to justify your purchase. You believe they sound better.... in my experience... that is just not the case. I'm sure others will disagree with me.

Try some brands of strings out.... see what you like. Usually, I buy my strings by the box... and usually, I will buy whatever is the cheapest/on sale. I NEVER break strings... and they always sound good.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Ernie Ball are my favorite so far, but I've been itching to try Rotosounds.

But as others have said, it's all preference.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
dunno really. I use D'addario because they have a special gauge I want (10 - 59)
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
It's up to your preferance really, im a metal guitarist and i use 10's and 11's by Olympia

The tones awesome and they never break very easily, i use a floyd rose when i play n my strings last over 2 months easily although i heard once that you should restring your guitar every month.
Quote by troy88

HEAR HEAR!!

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by steveEsp
It's up to your preferance really, im a metal guitarist and i use 10's and 11's by Olympia

The tones awesome and they never break very easily, i use a floyd rose when i play n my strings last over 2 months easily although i heard once that you should restring your guitar every month.

every month? haha, I've been using the current set of strings since...last august
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
every month? haha, I've been using the current set of strings since...last august

yep. At least once a month... even if you play very infrequently to maintain good tone and intonation..... since august huh? Change them strings man!
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Ernie balls, the strings real me use.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.