Ok, im sick of continuously making new threads with single questions, so......

Im making a custom guitar and have a few questions....

1. Is it easier to buy a precut and drilled body, or cut a body blank by myself?

2. If i buy a precut body, is it easy to route out the pickup holes to suit humbucker?

3. Would it be hard to wire a humbucker and a single coil to a Volume knob, 5 way switch and a tone knob.

If you guys need more info such as pics or stuff just say so
i havent built a guitar but...
1) ofc its easier to buy a precut body
2) with a router and templates most likely, yes
3) no idea

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Ok so your building a guitar and your wondering if its easy to buy a pre cut body? Well yeah its easier but you might as well buy a pre cut body, pre cut neck, and everything else to go with it and it stops being a custom guitar now your just assembling things.

Its not hard to buy a block of wood and cut the shape you want out and do all the routing your self, so you might as well. But yes invest in templates (or make your own) and template cutter router bits, and plan everything thoroughly.

and wiring depends on the circuit you want and the electric skills you have.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Ok so your building a guitar and your wondering if its easy to buy a pre cut body? Well yeah its easier but you might as well buy a pre cut body, pre cut neck, and everything else to go with it and it stops being a custom guitar now your just assembling things.

Its not hard to buy a block of wood and cut the shape you want out and do all the routing your self, so you might as well. But yes invest in templates (or make your own) and template cutter router bits, and plan everything thoroughly.

and wiring depends on the circuit you want and the electric skills you have.

+1

I don't have anything else to add, that hasn't already been said.