Hey Guys,
Help! I love my Razorback V 255, i recently chipped the killer headstock =(, wonder if there was a way i can repair it? if so please reply to this thread ASAP
also, i read on Total Guitar (Ed's Shed) that using SuperGlue is a way to fix it, but it will only work if the guitar does not have a nitrocellulose finish. I don't know whether my Dean has this finish or not. Also, the chip exposes the wood of the guitar. Ed's Shed says to read the next issue (issue november 07) if anyone has it please type me what it says or inform me in another way THANKS GUYS
My opinion, just glue it, if it doesn't work... Oh well, you tried. If you're fussed about the paint, just re-paint it, maybe?
Cheap Deans use Polyurethane.

I say just leave it. Dings and chips will happen if you want them to or not. It's too much of a hassle to fix it.

Quote by Jesstaa
My opinion, just glue it, if it doesn't work... Oh well, you tried. If you're fussed about the paint, just re-paint it, maybe?

A complete refin of the guitar wouldn't be worth it. Too expensive. He might try to do it with touch up paint though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Whats on teh cover of nov 07?

Im a subscriber, but i dont fancy looking at dates, just covers...
hey i got the nov 07 issue and it looks like its not in here, in this month he shows how to restring the guitar, fix loose jack socket and adjusting pickup height to the strings cant see anything on headstock repair

EDIT: the cover is BFMV and Iommi
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Ohh yeahh, somone quoted me, that just made my day =D
And yeah, I only ment a touchup of paint.
Thanks guys,
But oddly this is what it says on the oct 07 issue
"If youre guitar has an expensive nitrocellulose finish or the chip exposes the guitar's body wood, DON't use this method! See next month's Ed's Shed instead."
Is it just a small, minor chip which only affects aesthetics, or does it actually affect the guitar's playability, e.g. one or more of the tuners went with it?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Jesstaa
Ohh yeahh, somone quoted me, that just made my day =D
You're an easily pleased fellah, aren't you? :-)
lol, its nothing major.
just a small chip on the top left corner of my headstock seems tiny but it hurts...LOL xD
A piece on the headstock of my Razorback Shards chipped off and I just put elmers glue to it and its held on fine.
Well now that it's gone down the sh*tter you best get a good guitar now! /generic Dean hating comment.

Just leave it, it's not worth risking doing more damage to the guitar if you're unsure of it's materials etc.

Some might say it adds character to the guitar.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
Well since it's just minor damage, I would just use some super glue.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
My shards got chips and dings everywhere. Gives it character IMO.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix